1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

stars - Bournemouth

Discussion in 'Night, InfraRed, and UltraViolet Photography' started by silver, Jan 16, 2013.

1. went out last night, it was cold but fun, about an hours worth of images :) 

[​IMG]

just for fun I made a quicky video

you can see the amount of clouds that went through, which are not ideal for star trails but works for timelapse, also note the people who went in for a swim (whole beach to choose from and they decided they liked where we were!)

http://slideshow.murakamiweddings.com/X_startrail/startrails_10fps_720h.mp4
    (less than 4meg filesize)

2. I think the highlights are a little strong but like the video :) 

3. Thanks Dan!

I think you are right about the highlights, it's something that I might go back and fix,. one of the things I enjoyed about creating the picture was a friend and I went out together and each of us took similar images,. I quite preferred his version which had the highlights toned down so I'm pretty sure I agree with you :) 

the video I thought I'd have a go at because the pesky clouds came in - quite pleased with how it came out (my first attempt!)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.