Start saving those dimes: Z9 is around the corner

Real Name
Rodney
At this point, if I needed to buy new glass to get the full benefit of mirrorless, ALL brands would be on the table. The lack of the promised f/w update for the D850/D5 have left a very sour taste in my mouth, soothed only by a nice glass of wine ! It's about fullfilling promises to customers and "trust" in the manufacturer.
What was the new firmware supposed to fix?

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
What was the new firmware supposed to fix?
Per the announcements Nick gave us the links to..... "It’s been well over a year since Nikon revealed that the D5, D850, and D500 DSLRs would all be getting CFexpress memory card support “in the future,” but users are still waiting for Nikon to reveal exactly when that future will arrive. "

Real Name
Rodney
Per the announcements Nick gave us the links to..... "It’s been well over a year since Nikon revealed that the D5, D850, and D500 DSLRs would all be getting CFexpress memory card support “in the future,” but users are still waiting for Nikon to reveal exactly when that future will arrive. "
Have you run into buffer issues that the update would prevent?

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
Have you run into buffer issues that the update would prevent?
Very rarely. I am more concerned about being able to use CFExpress cards due to the few manufacturers of XQD cards and the few products that use XQD products. If a couple of years from now my XQD cards became damaged, stolen, etc. I'd like to know that I could easily find cards, competitively priced that would work in my cameras. Lexar's decision to discontinue production of XQD cards while still making SD, CFExpress, etc. was indicative, to me, of the lack of industry interest in XQD cards.

Real Name
Rodney
Very rarely. I am more concerned about being able to use CFExpress cards due to the few manufacturers of XQD cards and the few products that use XQD products. If a couple of years from now my XQD cards became damaged, stolen, etc. I'd like to know that I could easily find cards, competitively priced that would work in my cameras. Lexar's decision to discontinue production of XQD cards while still making SD, CFExpress, etc. was indicative, to me, of the lack of industry interest in XQD cards.
The small selection of XQD cards is certainly frustrating.

It is going to be interesting to see some more definitive specs and price mid next year.
wonder how many noisy neighbors i have to harvest for organs to get one Z9 :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Real Name
Randy
I bought 6 64gb XQD cards years ago and never bought another because I don’t need anymore
On trips I move pics to a portable HD

Do people keep buying memory cards ?
What do they do with them all ?

Latest threads

Top Bottom