Staten Island Ferry -- seven more images

Real Name
Bill Walderman
I posted a couple of images taken from the Staten Island Ferry in NYC in the B&W forum, adding color versions. Here are some additional photos taken on the ferry on my 6/19 voyage over and back.

1. The terminal at South Ferry, Manhattan. It was a Saturday, so relatively uncrowded, mainly tourists like me, but on weekdays this is a busy commuter route.
_WJW2064.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2. The modern ferry terminal on Manhattan, with the ancient terminal, now used for the Governors Island ferry, to the right.
_WJW2143.jpg

3. Farewell to Manhattan
_WJW2091.jpg

_WJW2099.jpg

5. The Verrazano/Narrows Bridge, linking Staten Island to Brooklyn -- a traffic nightmare if you've ever crossed it. No toll, because both sides are in NYC. A crop, not a pano.
_WJW2118-5.jpg

6. The terminal at St. George, Staten Island
_WJW2111.jpg

7. Arriving at St. George, Staten Island
_WJW2113.jpg

Good set of an NYC commute. Looks like you had great weather up there.

Dated a girl from Staten Island in college and for a little while after. Spent some time up there and rode the ferry a few times. Kinda like Working Girl movie from the 80s! A little bit of peace before the work day started in the big city. She told a story about a woman who may have been disturbed as she would let out horrendous screams sitting next to other commuters. One more than one occasion coffee was spilled over work clothes when that happened. :)

Latest threads

Top Bottom