1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Statues in IR

Discussion in 'Night, InfraRed, and UltraViolet Photography' started by greyflash, Jun 30, 2008.

1. These statues are all found in St. George, Utah. I tried to photograph them with the most pleasing composition and background. All images taken with my IR modified D100 and 18-70mm f3.5 lens.

This one looked like it was literally flying

original.
    NIKON D100    ---    40mm    f/11.0    1/320s   

I think the trees in the background give the appearance of movement to this image.

original.
    NIKON D100    ---    31mm    f/11.0    1/160s   

It was only a couple of years ago that flooding occured in St. George and sandbaging was a way of life.

original.
    NIKON D100    ---    62mm    f/11.0    1/160s   

I liked the carefree nature of this young girl and also the shadow that she cast.

original.
    NIKON D100    ---    55mm    f/11.0    1/250s   

Pole jumping, every boys pastime.

original.
    NIKON D100    ---    27mm    f/11.0    1/125s   

Erastus Franklin Snow - founder of St. George

original.
    NIKON D100    ---    65mm    f/11.0    1/250s   

2. Gordon
    i was hoping to see more of these... after the bear and cub from the other day

these are excellent
    i like them a lot
    thanks for sharing them with us

3. Thanks Greg. I have taken normal images of some of the statues downtown but wanted to try something a little different, hence the IR. Hopefully I have presented them in a pleasing manner.

4. Howdy Gordon,

Really neat shots, of some beautiful sculptures.

I really like the "False Color" very nicely done.

5. Hi Craig and thanks for your very nice comments on my images.

6. TonyBeach

TonyBeach Guest

I like the way the IR visually separates the foliage from the statues; otherwise the greens and grays would not stand out as much (to my color blind eyes anyway).

7. Thanks Tony, of course that was my whole purpose in using IR for these images.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.