Stay-at-home pantry cooking photos

Creative cooking with items commonly found in the pantry has become the buzz. Tried this one today with my son based on a NYT recipe.

Black bean bake with vegan cheese. The beans were seasoned with cumin, smoked paprika, garlic and red pepper flakes. Topped with our home grown sunflower microgreens.

040416425481--8518990498265376736-IMG_4595_heic-XL.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Anyone else have any "pantry" recipes and/or photos to share?

Creative cooking with items commonly found in the pantry has become the buzz. Tried this one today with my son based on a NYT recipe.

Black bean bake with vegan cheese. The beans were seasoned with cumin, smoked paprika, garlic and red pepper flakes. Topped with our home grown sunflower microgreens.

View attachment 1658455

Anyone else have any "pantry" recipes and/or photos to share?

That looks delicious. My wife is about to make an oldie from early in our marriage days: tuna casserole.

Real Name
Dan
Vegan cheese? Where are the truth in advertising police? I take it that's more like "processed vegan cheese-like food product" :D

Does the freezer count as "pantry"? Today we had last season's organic, free range, ocean run coho salmon with a spicy mustard based sauce and chopped walnuts. Didn't see this thread in time to inspire a photo of it :( But in the next couple of days we'll be having shelf-safe lentil stew with home made naan. I'll snap some shots of that.

I rarely think to shoot my food. Today was the end of a fabulous pot of red beans, chorizo and Andouille sausage. Local sausage (Idaho has a large Basque population), lots of heat and served over rustic cornbread. Tomorrow is rock fish ("Pacific snapper") so if it turns out well I'll try my best Mike Buckley imitation and shoot it.

Real Name
Dan
Turns out I did have a photo of our lunch. Just not from today... :D

p3002682994-4.jpg

Not necessarily a pantry dinner, but I made one of my favorite dishes from during my time while stationed in Italy back about 17+ yrs ago. I’ve made this before but never with fresh pasta. It’s my version of Gnochetti Sardi.

5866AC38-0E78-4C8E-A597-8F0153924F9F.jpeg

I missed my shot—both kids called right as I was getting ready to serve/plate. An hour or so later remembered, so I did what Connie would have done without thinking—pulled out my (lowly) iPhone and took a picture of the wine I was enjoying. Now, Mike can probably tell variety, vintage and more just from a quick glance, I thought making it slightly psychedelic would be fun: Kim Crawford Unoaked Chardonnay, East Coast, New Zealand 2015. Prost!
IMG_3315_DxO.jpg

I just made a batch of honey/coconut-oil energy bars that I haven't made for a while. In an attempt to make them less
messy I put in too much oatmeal to dry it up so they didn't hold together too well.
20200406_142051.jpg

Real Name
Dan
I just made a batch of honey/coconut-oil energy bars that I haven't made for a while. In an attempt to make them less
messy I put in too much oatmeal to dry it up so they didn't hold together too well.
That looks tasty.

That looks tasty.
They're not bad though not easy to eat since I had a tooth pulled a few days ago.
The balancing trick is to get the consistency right without having it too oily from the coconut oil or
too hard and chewy.
It's a nice "foundation" - 50 % honey and 50% coconut oil -the real recipe says 1/4 cup of each to 1
cup of oats but I "improvise". That makes a nice foundation to hold whatever else you want to throw in,
basically any nibbles sitting on the shelf that may not taste wonderful on its own but you want to use up.

My vegan take on Bolognese. The sauce is fresh onion, garlic and tomatoes along with sauteed impossible sausage and french lentils. Delish! Youngest daughter had two helpings. The wine is a BV Tapestry 2015.

0040609175392--9039103119028490299-IMG_4607_heic-L.jpg

Latest threads

Top Bottom