Stay Safe

This historic movie theatre in Falls Church, Viriginia, which was converted to a concert venue, is closed due to the coronavirus crisis.

Mike 2020-04-09--004-S.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited:
A beautiful look into history, Mike!
That is, history as I saw it in American films and series.
Movie theaters were nothing like this when I grew up over here. Unfortunately.

Interesting photo with a literal sign of the times on an historic building that I'm sure brings back memories for a lot of us. On the one hand I agree with Binnur's recommendation. On the other hand given the subject matter the sign being the brightest point in the image and the locked doors being in deep shadow is rather fitting. Nicely seen and captured.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
On the other hand given the subject matter the sign being the brightest point in the image and the locked doors being in deep shadow is rather fitting.
That was my thinking behind my initial go at the post-processing. After seeing Binnur's idea, I changed the tone curve to brighten the mid tones without changing the darkest or brightest tones. That decreased the mid-tone contrast which unknowingly at least to me had been a distraction from the sign. The revision still overall has sufficient contrast and the sign still nicely stands out.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom