Steam engine people

Discussion in 'People' started by Rob, Aug 20, 2005.

1. Rob

Rob

Jul 28, 2005
    Truro, Cornwall, UK
    The annual steam engine rally in Cornwall provides many opportunities for some candid shots. These are my first attempt with the D70.

The end of the day and the real work begins, cleaning, de-coking, oiling etc.

Tinkering1copy.

More maintenance, oblivious to his surroundings.
    View attachment 14121

These two had been chatting to some friends and obviously had really enjoyed themselves as they set off to park the engine.
    View attachment 14122

I spotted this chap driving his engine through the parade area. He immediately evoked many emotions, one of which is weariness, but also perhaps melancholy.
    View attachment 14123

2. SRA

SRA

Jul 29, 2005
    Orem, Utah
    These are wonderful and full of stories and history. Have you taken a look at them in Black and White?

3. Great images Rob. I would have liked to see what their steam engines looked like with a wider view.

4. Rob

Rob

Jul 28, 2005
    Truro, Cornwall, UK
    I'll post the machinery in planes trains etc Gordon.
    Number 4 looks great in B&W, more time, no time! :roll: Once again, as soon as I have a moment I'll produce it for you.

5. Rob

Rob

Jul 28, 2005
    Truro, Cornwall, UK
    This young man, or 'Chunky' as I call him was in his element. Dad was providing the power from the engine, all he had to do was steer the thing through the showground. He never saw me, the setting sun was in his eyes, all he cared about was what he was doing in the cab.

Incharge2.