Steam surprise

What would you think when you come home from a day trip to the country side, step out of the train and you see this stopping at the other platform:

621405691_kGYaN-O.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

:eek::eek::eek:

I rushed over to the other platform to take a few snaps before it already left the station again after a short stop.

621405787_Pt9aW-O.jpg

621405897_EnX4w-O.jpg

621406035_GkDRg-O.jpg

This beast was so huge I struggled to pleasingly fit it into the frame in that short time. Very impressive.

621406152_wwBCh-O.jpg

621406239_BPt5E-O.jpg

The sign reads "Steam Engine Friends Berlin". What a great job of them to keep it running and also running it on the standard railway tracks. :smile::smile:

621406369_2UwF4-O.jpg

I heard the guys in the engine saying that the track is clear to leave the station and one guy next to me was blocking his ears. I wondered why because... hey those steam engines aren't THAT loud......

Well. I forgot that steam whistle. Obviously the guy next to me knew what was coming and the guys on the train had the fun to see a photog wincing at the engine's whistle before it started moving.

621406470_JtdLg-O.jpg

621406588_ZRwR2-O.jpg

Now that was a welcome surprise for me. :smile:

The engine is a 2-10-0 or a 2-10-2. I cant quire tell if there is a set of smaller wheel under the firebox/cab. AlJohnston is correct on how to identify the wheel arrangement. It is a system that is used globally for steam locomotives.

Latest threads

Top Bottom