Steam traction rally

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by Rob, Aug 21, 2005.

1. Rob

Rob

Jul 28, 2005
    Truro, Cornwall, UK
    This year is the 50th annual steam traction rally in Cornwall. A huge number of engines arrive from all over the UK, some under their own power, many on low-loaders.
    Here are just a few for the steam buffs. Sorry the exif data has not shown up correctly.

Rally1-1.

This second one is renamed 'Nightmare', it was caught up in a warehouse fire late 2004. The team have worked wonders getting her serviceable again, just! They celebrated in fine style in our village pub.

View attachment 14176

The show includes horse drawn equipment, old vehicles, militaria etc.

View attachment 14177

This beautiful machine was just simmering away quietly after a day of providing electricity for a large organ.

View attachment 14178

A detail from the main wheel.

View attachment 14179

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    I really like these vintage vehicles of anykind.

these are very unique to me. Very nicely done and very interesting.

Thanks for sharing

3. This was really interesting to me Rob. After looking at our other post this was the icing on the cake. Good work.

4. drueter

drueter

Apr 24, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Very nice shots, Rob! An interesting collection of old equipment that you've captured well.

5. SRA

SRA

Jul 29, 2005
    Orem, Utah
    Did you get any pics of militaria? Would love to see some. BTW you other pics are great, I always enjoy your photos.

6. Rob

Rob

Jul 28, 2005
    Truro, Cornwall, UK
    Thanks for the compliments. I did take a few shots of some 'Bandwagons', Volvo cross-country vehicles that we used in Norway, but wiped them from the card.
    There were plenty of people sitting around in WW2 uniforms with various vehicles. I'll grab some next year. :wink: