Steam traction rally

Rob

This year is the 50th annual steam traction rally in Cornwall. A huge number of engines arrive from all over the UK, some under their own power, many on low-loaders.
Here are just a few for the steam buffs. Sorry the exif data has not shown up correctly.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

This second one is renamed 'Nightmare', it was caught up in a warehouse fire late 2004. The team have worked wonders getting her serviceable again, just! They celebrated in fine style in our village pub.

View attachment 14176

The show includes horse drawn equipment, old vehicles, militaria etc.

View attachment 14177

This beautiful machine was just simmering away quietly after a day of providing electricity for a large organ.

View attachment 14178

A detail from the main wheel.

View attachment 14179

I really like these vintage vehicles of anykind.

these are very unique to me. Very nicely done and very interesting.

Thanks for sharing

SRA

Did you get any pics of militaria? Would love to see some. BTW you other pics are great, I always enjoy your photos.

Rob

Thanks for the compliments. I did take a few shots of some 'Bandwagons', Volvo cross-country vehicles that we used in Norway, but wiped them from the card.
There were plenty of people sitting around in WW2 uniforms with various vehicles. I'll grab some next year. :wink:

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom