1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Steam Train on a Cold Morning

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by Baywing, Dec 10, 2018.

1. Baywing

Baywing

Feb 22, 2005
    CT USA
    It's things like this that make me want to get out in 15F temps! The first pull of the day as the rising sun starts cutting thru the haze, with driving wheels slipping on frosted rails.

168522757.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Wow Wow x 1
  2. Indeed! Hope you are all healed now.

3. Baywing

Baywing

Feb 22, 2005
    CT USA
    Thanks Nick, I'm getting there. Knees still hurt and neck is still sore but these opportunities only come a few weeks per year so I suck it up and shoot. Temps that low are rare this time of year plus they only run in the mornings on weekends. Thankfully, I spent the better part of 18 hours there between Sat and Sunday and didn't fall nor break any gear!

4. I just love how the engine is emerging from the steam and clouds. I like that characteristic so much that I wonder if I can convince you to get rid of the small amount of greenery on the left side so that aspect of the emergence is complete.

5. Baywing

Baywing

Feb 22, 2005
    CT USA
    Thanks, I saw it after I posted it and thought the same thing.

6. kilofoxtrott

kilofoxtrott European Ambassador Moderator

Dec 29, 2011
    Tettnang, Germany
    Wow!
    That's a lot of steam and vapor... :wideyed: :wideyed: :wideyed: 

Very well shot
    Klaus

7. Well done!!!

Cabin

8. Baywing

Baywing

Feb 22, 2005
    CT USA
    Thanks, I had fun freezing my tail feathers off......

9. I like the crop a lot too.

10. Superb in every way (and that's from someone who is not loco-loco).

11. Baywing

Baywing

Feb 22, 2005
    CT USA
    Thanks for all the kind words. I think what I like about this is the contrast between the warm toned softness of the steam and smoke and the coldness of the hard metal of the locomotive.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.