1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Steam Train

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by Fred G, May 13, 2007.

1. I had a chance to catch the Essex Steam Train yesterday.

[​IMG]

Thanks for looking and comments/critiques are welcome.

2. Fabulous :)  With a Sigma 10-20 I assume?

3. Very nice shot.

4. Thanks all and Scott, yes, I used the 10-20. I love that lens.

5. Awesome... I've been torn between that and the Tokina 12-24 (the usual story) for quite awhile.

6. I was torn as well, and the extra 2mm width won the Sigma over. That's not to say I don't lust after the Tokina. Sigh... :biggrin:

7. I wasn't that interested in the extra 2mm, I just want a wider "walk around" lens. The 12-24 is about perfect. My concern is the CA I see in some samples from the Tokina. Someone, somewhere, has a full size image from a Nikon something-or-other. Really sharp across the board with no CA in the middle, but the outside 10-15% of the image has pretty significant CA all the way around. I know it can be taken care of in processing, but the Sigma stuff all looks so clean from the get-go.

Of course now that I've kind of convinced myself I need one I see all my usual photo dealers are out of stock on the Sigma...last year I really "needed" a 12-24 and they were out of those then. Maybe they're trying to tell me I don't really need one :D 

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.