1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Steilacoom Station

Discussion in 'Black and White' started by Minuteman3, Jan 31, 2019.

1. At one time there was a train stop here in Steilacoom ... but it's been a long time ...
    24-70 f2.8 Test-59-Edit.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Cheers!!

Ken

• Like Like x 4
  2. I like it
    I like the look and feel

Cabin

• Like Like x 1
  3. I like this. I wonder how it would look if you cropped 1/3rd off the left and off the bottom. That would really bring attention to the rails and the station house that remains on the right, making both more prominent.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Really nice shot. The random little things, like the bird sitting on the wire on the left, waiting for the train make the image. I hope that was planned- helps the shot a lot.
    I would process it with a little more grit- but that is an opinion- pretty much worthless for a critique.
    I do wish you had a better sky.
    Award winner, nope. But a very nice image that I enjoyed looking at.
    Thanks for sharing
    Gary

• Like Like x 1
  5. A marvellous image, Ken!
    Excellent composition and processing.
    I find it has a look and feel that fits really well with the idea of "a long time ago".

• Like Like x 1
  6. Off into the distance, like time! Wonderful comp and b&w, Ken!

• Like Like x 1
  7. I like Walter's idea of cropping on the left but I wouldn't crop at the bottom. Not for a stronger composition but for a different composition that tells a different story. The current composition nicely conveys a sleepy village whereas the cropped composition conveys focused interest in the rails and station. Both nicely complement the narrative.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Personally, I wouldn't crop this at all. I like the composition just as it is. The rails on the bottom provide strong leading lines. And, I wouldn't want to lose that bird on the left!

Glenn

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. I love it as is. The strong shadows of the rails are such a vital part of the scene, and how they disappear into the distance. Love the bird.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Cslucas34

Cslucas34

Oct 8, 2018
    Very nice shot Ken! Love the selection of black and white for this shot, the shadows playing with the rails fits perfectly with it.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.