Stellar's Jay

Real Name
Dan
I've been busy lately with no time for the camera. Corrected that trend this past week.

It's interesting how we sometimes overlook what's common. I've spent half of my life in the PNW and Alaska but to-date never taken a decent image of the Stellar's Jay. Then again they always offer themselves up when I don't have a camera in hand. Finally came together a couple of days ago while out on Prince William Sound.

1) This one was feeding on the ground under some alder and finally popped up onto a branch where I could get a shot. And offered my favorite dorsal view with the look back.
p2603539139-6.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2) And when I thought we were done it came back around for a frontal shot. I've seen thousands of these guys but never noticed the blue eyebrows before.
p2603539152-6.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Nicely done images of a pretty bird. It is common by you so it is overlooked. I can undertand that. But we don't have them here so their prettiness stands out to me right away.

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
As noted above, both are nice shots! I actually prefer the second due to the darker coloring, clean perch and the blue streaks on the forehead. Fine details show up fine for me.

Real Name
Dan
Thanks for all the replies, folks. Editing was done on my laptop so probably not the best. On my way back out on the water for a few days.

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom