Steve Perry needs help....HIS response Post #37

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
Done...Steve deserves a contribution from me as I've enjoyed so many of his free videos and posts. Seems like a great guy.

Glenn
Steve is every bit as warm and friendly as he appears in his videos! Justin and I spent a week with he and Rose in Costa Rica workshop a few years ago...... WONDERFUL folks!

JLH

Well, I had seen his UT videos before and they looked interesting. With all this first hand information you have all added I can see I need to patronize his store. It certainly seems he has lots of valuable information in his books!
Thanks Karen for bring this matter up.

I made a contribution and was exploring buying one of his products. Then I remembered I paid for the video on focus stacking with the Z6/Z7 but now I can't find it on my computer. Are those videos only available on his web site?

I made a contribution and was exploring buying one of his products. Then I remembered I paid for the video on focus stacking with the Z6/Z7 but now I can't find it on my computer. Are those videos only available on his web site?
I did the same. I purchased the video on focus stacking and forgot about it. I believe if you go into your account you can stream by chapter. or download videos to your computer

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
Well, I had seen his UT videos before and they looked interesting. With all this first hand information you have all added I can see I need to patronize his store. It certainly seems he has lots of valuable information in his books!
Thanks Karen for bring this matter up.
Don't put it off......See this thread for SALE info....

• Agree
Reactions: Pa

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen

Yes, Contact Steve HERE and they should be able to send you a link to download it again....

I did the same. I purchased the video on focus stacking and forgot about it. I believe if you go into your account you can stream by chapter. or download videos to your computer

JLH

OK, Karen, I ordered four of his books......and its ALL YOUR FAULT!

Really, thanks for the heads up. I have enjoyed his You Tube stuff and the books look great from my quick scan. Besides, I like supporting talented people who work as hard as he does to put all of this stuff together.

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
Very nice email response to the donation. I watched the Z6II and 7 video. He looked very well when this was filmed. Hope to see him back again. I did resist the GAS influence to move up from Z6 to mark ii version....
He had the video finished and was ready to post it when he started fading - then went to the hospital the next day! Sounds like he saved you some money! LOL!

Real Name
Dan
I'm in too. Steve is the only on-line photo personality whose videos I watch. Good common sense and no "fluff". I've purchased a couple of his products in years past. Didn't realize he also has a forum specific to nature photography.

Yes, Contact Steve HERE and they should be able to send you a link to download it again....

I finally figured it out w/o bothering him as I'm sure he has plenty on his plate right now.

I had purchased it last October and watched the video online rather than download it. I had made no record of my username and password (stupid mistake) and didn't remember setting one up. I finally went back through my PayPal transactions and found the date. By searching through old emails for that date I found my username. With that I could set up a new password, so I have access to the videos again.

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
He and Rose are quite humbled and at a loss of words for the support of the Photography community..... His Post #37 is short but heart felt. He is not out of the woods yet. He posted here just before heading back to the doctor.

And the following from his newsletter.:

"Hi Everyone -

I just wanted to drop a quick thank you note. Over the last several days, we have enjoyed a tremendous response to the sale, have had tons of site contributions, and I think over 1000 "get well soon" wishes. (If you missed those newsletters, I was hospitalized in the ICU with Covid - here's what happened). I wanted to respond to each and every one of those messages, but trying to so do was wearing me out to the point of exhaustion. My wife suggested a one big Thank You letter may be a better idea!

Rose and I really can't thank you enough for your overwhelming support, both emotionally and financially. I honestly still can't wrap my mind around the amount of support you have given us and just saying "thank you" seems to fall well short of the gratitude we both feel. You have both of our deepest, most heartfelt thanks.

The good news is that the sale and contributions have shored up the bank account and, thanks to you, we're going to be fine for a while. Your support has also provided a much-needed cushion that will allow me to work at my own pace on upcoming articles (and later videos) without the financial pressure to get them done on specific deadlines. Again, we can't thank you enough and I know this will help tremendously with my recovery.

Again, thank you everyone and please stay safe out there. "

I'm in.
Many of us have gone through health issues. To be blunt - it sucks and takes time and resources to get back on your feet. I've always enjoyed Steve's reviews and articles. Hope he gets back to health quickly.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom