1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Sticking with my DSLRs

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by NaptownSailor, Dec 21, 2018.

1. Recently took the leap to a Fuji X-Pro2 to take advantage of the holiday sales. Had taken my old Canon G10 on a long weekend and was very dissatisfied with performance in anything other than bright sunlight. No surprise. However I do like the rangefinder form factor as a walk around small setup. Not trying to duplicate my Nikon inventory, just wanted a fast prime (35/1.4) for general use. The Nikon Z bodies wouldn't save me much space, especially with the FZ adaptor and FX glass. I would bring at least a backpack or two of my Nikon gear if I were going to shoot seriously. Or a few Pelican cases. :D 

Anyway, played around a bit with the new Fuji today, and I can't imagine it will ever replace my DSLRs. Some of it is clearly relative unfamiliarity with a new menu system. And all my flash gear is based on Nikon. I prefer the IQ of my NEFs to the Fuji RAW files. The one factor favoring the Fuji are the JPGs which are nice SOOC. Was shooting RAW + JPG Fine. I exclusively shoot RAW with Nikon so it actually complicates rather than simplifies my workflow to shoot JPGs.

• Like Like x 1
  2. I sold my X-Pro2 a couple of months ago. That was my second mistake.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.