1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Sticky? Shareware and Freeware

Discussion in 'Retouching and Post Processing' started by PhotoByMark, Oct 11, 2005.

1. Say all,

Didn't there use to be a sticky with links and discussion of good photography shareware and freeware?

OK, maybe I just imagined it?

What is a program that I can convert NEF->JPG. I use Nikon Capture CS2 at home but, needed something to use at work. I was thinking ACR? But I thought it was just a plug-in?

Anyone got some suggestions?

Ok, I am braindead. I was thinking of RSE NOT ACR! Anyway......

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2005
  2. bpetterson

bpetterson Guest

Nikon View will convert.

Birger

3. Ohh. Really. Seems reasonable.

Dang, that is what I use at work. I thought I had done it before. But today, loaded up a file and then was stuck. I was in a rush though.

Birger. Thanks - I wil figure it all out tomorrow.

MArk.

4. heiko

heiko

May 15, 2005
    Israel
    NikonView will do as long as you don't use the D-Lighting feature in NC and try to open the NEF in NikonView afterwards.

5. Picmantec RawShooter essentials 2005 will convert from
    NEF to JPG.

I think it is still free.

6. Thanks for the responses.

Just curious, how NC D-Lighting causes problems in NView? And I think it also causes problems for Microsoft Raw Viewer. I know sometimes when I make mods to a NEF file in NC, MS Rawviewer will not display it.

Thanks again.

Mark.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.