Sticky? Shareware and Freeware

Discussion in 'Retouching and Post Processing' started by PhotoByMark, Oct 11, 2005.

1. Say all,

Didn't there use to be a sticky with links and discussion of good photography shareware and freeware?

OK, maybe I just imagined it?

What is a program that I can convert NEF->JPG. I use Nikon Capture CS2 at home but, needed something to use at work. I was thinking ACR? But I thought it was just a plug-in?

Anyone got some suggestions?

Ok, I am braindead. I was thinking of RSE NOT ACR! Anyway......

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2005
  2. bpetterson

bpetterson Guest

Nikon View will convert.

Birger

3. Ohh. Really. Seems reasonable.

Dang, that is what I use at work. I thought I had done it before. But today, loaded up a file and then was stuck. I was in a rush though.

Birger. Thanks - I wil figure it all out tomorrow.

MArk.

4. heiko

heiko

May 15, 2005
    Israel
    NikonView will do as long as you don't use the D-Lighting feature in NC and try to open the NEF in NikonView afterwards.

5. Picmantec RawShooter essentials 2005 will convert from
    NEF to JPG.

I think it is still free.

6. Thanks for the responses.

Just curious, how NC D-Lighting causes problems in NView? And I think it also causes problems for Microsoft Raw Viewer. I know sometimes when I make mods to a NEF file in NC, MS Rawviewer will not display it.

Thanks again.

Mark.