1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Still honeymooning with my new baby........

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by carauction, Aug 4, 2009.

1. Took my new (used)300 F 2.8 out of the house today. Been polishing her up with a mild rub down of distilled water. Had her beautiful case bathing in some nice ionized air:Love: for many hours, so as to remove the tobacco smell that it was used to. I love the pebbly black finish to the barrel on this AF-S version(I). Exact finish like the older 300mm F4 ED.

Nothing really happening here. Just a few handheld at F2.8....what a heavy mama! Looking forward to really seeing what this Pre-VR version has.

Mike

click on image for larger view

_DSC2743.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

_DSC2744.jpg

_DSC2748.jpg

2. Yikes...

SNAP!
    Who needs VR?

3. Preston

Preston

May 2, 2005
    Reno, NV
    Lucky dog. Gonna have to start working out in order to keep hand holding that one.

4. sako

sako

Feb 28, 2009
    New Zealand
    Nice bokeh.

5. Great Bokeh

6. I can only imagine that on a tripod things should sharpen up a bit, as I wasn't leaning on anything. It is very well balanced lens.

Mike

Indeed. I am lucky, and I need to start working out:smile:

Mike

Yes. These files seem very nice.

Mike

Thanks. So far I like what I am seeing.

Mike

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.