Still learning...my little angels.

Discussion in 'People' started by Snap96, Sep 10, 2008.

1. Snap96

Snap96

Jun 18, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    Well...information overload is a understatement as to how I feel. There's just so much to absorb that just when I think I take a step forward I take 3 or 4 back.

I'm taking shots whenever I can just so I can further understand what works and what doesn't. I'm still clueless when it comes to taking the shot and even more clueless on what to do once it's on the computer.

Thought I'd share some recent shots. There's nothing special about them other than that they're my little angels.

Please let me know what I can do differently.

Thanks,
    Paul

1. Taken in Auto mode.
    2843948313_ea1b392799.png

2. After a day in the pool...The reflection in her eyes is me laying on my back taking the shot.
    View attachment 251596

3. Would have been a big smile if she saw the camera. The original was way underexposed and I had to do some things to salvage the shot and I thought it came out pretty good.
    View attachment 251597

4. The little monster
    View attachment 251598

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2008
  2. Wonderful photos, cute kids.

3. Cute photos of cute kids. My favorite is #1. I've tried to get a shot like this of my 3 year old with very little success. You challenged yourself with the backlighting, but you got her face fairly well exposed.

I've given up trying to salvage photos like #3. If they are underexposed in camera, there is just not enough good information in the file to correct in photoshop. You generally wind up with ruddy looking skin tones.

4. lisa_h

lisa_h

Sep 6, 2008
    New England
    She's a doll and these look good. Keep at it---keep absorbing---there is ALWAYS something new to learn.

5. Snap96

Snap96

Jun 18, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    Thank you.

Thank you. The funny part about #1 is that I forgot it was in Auto mode when the picture was taken. I'm not completely happy with how #3 turned out but it's better than the original.

Thank you. This site has been a great tool for learning.