Still loving the 80-200f2.8

After almost a year of ownership and TONS of use. I still love this lens

Heres some shots from the event this past sunday. to see more please visit

www.speedlounge.com

DSC_00495.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

DSC_00057.jpg

DSC_0527-1.jpg

DSC_00294.jpg

DSC_00806.jpg

DSC_01224.jpg

DSC_02202.jpg

DSC_03582.jpg

DSC_03712.jpg

Gee, thanks Frank. I'll send you a PM as I don't want to muck up Chris's thread.

Chris nice work with a great lens. I love mine. Can hardly wait as I'm getting a D200 very, very soon and expect that the speed in focusing with it and D70 will be significant.

Of all the lenses that meet my imaging needs this is probably the best quality/price ratio. I am amazed at the range of use with tubes/500D/ and kenkopro 1.4 - it is like a mini-system. I wasn't sure that I'd use it that much, and had a 70-300 D that just wasn't what I wanted, and so got a EX+ from Keh with the trade. Don't know how old the lens I have is, but the optics and mechanical function (except that cheap auto/manual ring, Wish they made a metal replacement, but then it probably break something inside:):

I take it that you were panning in those some of those shots? Really nice effect with the sharp racers and blurred back ground.

Chris nice work with a great lens. I love mine. Can hardly wait as I'm getting a D200 very, very soon and expect that the speed in focusing with it and D70 will be significant.

Of all the lenses that meet my imaging needs this is probably the best quality/price ratio. I am amazed at the range of use with tubes/500D/ and kenkopro 1.4 - it is like a mini-system. I wasn't sure that I'd use it that much, and had a 70-300 D that just wasn't what I wanted, and so got a EX+ from Keh with the trade. Don't know how old the lens I have is, but the optics and mechanical function (except that cheap auto/manual ring, Wish they made a metal replacement, but then it probably break something inside:):

I take it that you were panning in those some of those shots? Really nice effect with the sharp racers and blurred back ground.

yes, some pans. some just used the right shutter speed to get wheel spin

OMG! Now that is some superb panning!!!!

Now I need someone to drive that fast and drift at the same time so I can do some practice on panning shots.

2 thumbs up!

Chris...Is yours a single (push-pull zoom) or two-ring version. I just acquired the one-ring version and have been concerned about the ability to use in a hand-held mode. Thanks!

Latest threads

Top Bottom