Still Missing Gordon

Discussion in 'Birds' started by HarryB, Oct 29, 2005.

1. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida
    Hi you'll,

Today I hooked up with Backdoctor and Mrs. Backdoctor, Gail, and Kevin. We shot for a bit at the Viera Wetlands. We all missed Gordon very much. Get better soon Gordon!

Our drive to the Wetlands was slowed down by first this guy
    42041453-L.

then we ran into these two
    42041458-L.

42041459-L.

42041461-L.

then right by the entrance we met this guy
    42041465-L.

Later in the afternoon we met this guy
    42041449-L.

2. Ouch Harry, your probably making Gordon sicker by the minute :biggrin:
    Nice shots, man quite the variety.............got to definitely make the trip east this winter, you guys are driving me crazy!!!! We should create a once a year annual CAFE official conference!!!!! And move it around once a year to allow others to attend. Hey I like that!!!! Wonder if that could be a tax write off :confused: LOL!!!

3. Harry, so many shots, such little time to process them all.... :biggrin:

Great series, I know theres more to come...

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    WoooHooo Harry and Harris :>)))

Good work Harry !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got a wall hanger EAGLE FINALLY :>))) Good Roseys, Caught a Grebe eating a frog on the way out, and a few other things. Turned out not so bad after all. I was suprised I got so many keepers. The display looked like crap.. So pleasant suprise.

Can't post anything yet. DIAL-UP GRRRRR

See ya all soon.
    Great day, wonderful company and fabulous lunch.

So glad Mary could make it.

Wonder if Kevin is over that 500 yet. Will be interesting to see how he did :>))

Harry he is doooooomed. !!!!!!!!!

5. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Harry, you guys are killing me. I can't stand it. Don't you need to adopt a 58 year old son? :biggrin:

Great shots.:wink:

6. Great raptors!!! great captures!!!!
    All we have up here right now are some Canada Geese who are late in leaving and of course the omnipresent Ravens.

bohdan

7. Nice job everyone. Nice pictures too Harry.

I wish I lived in Florida. I would go with ya'll once in a while.

Gale,

Can't wait to see the one where the frog was lunch :)

8. If you're housebroke and can work some, we've got room...:wink:

9. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Well now you have a Pole and a Tree :biggrin:

Well done Harry congrats on a nice day

10. Gordon Large

Gordon Large Guest

Hi Harry -

Thanks for the kind words! My cold is still terrible, but it should go away soon. And believe me I'm going to reschedule.

These are great shots. That last Caracara shot on the pole is just amazing in it's color, detail and dead-on exposure. I don't know what those guys eat, but I wouldn't want those big golden eyes lookin' in my direction!

Gordon

11. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Harry scrapes up roadkill to lure them Gordon.. Most of his pics are from old National Geographic he stole from the library..

roflmao

12. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida
    Hey Keith,

Come on down. This is definitely bird central down here.

13. Hope you feel better Gordon, we all tried to carry on and take the shots you woulda taken. Look forward toyou coming down....

14. Harry, this is a great sampling of the beginning of a great day! Too bad the Caracaras were the only thing left on the posts when I arrived!

15. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida
    Thanks Harris. One of the problems with living down here is that I take so many shots I cannot keep up with the psot processing. I'm a few thousand shots behind right now. I think I may be able to get a few more posted.

16. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida

It was a good day despite those darn lawn mowers thay had in operation. Kevin is doomed. I'm still cleaning the drool marks off the 500mm.

17. Another great series Harry. You guys are killing me with all these great shots and wonderful subjects. You did them all justice. Sure would like to get there some day.

18. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida
    Sure Frank as long as you follow the rules of the house, do your chores and clean-up after yourself. :wink:

19. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida
    Thanks we are very lucky to be living down here.

20. Harry soon you might have to leave your back porch soon another fantastic group of shots