Still On Old Adobe Rental? You Might Get Sued!

Real Name
Andrew
I read about this a few days ago. I can't see why a 3rd party would sue you.

I believe this deals more with corporations or people that are building structured applications using API or plug in access to the Adobe tools.
For example, where I work, we have a cloud based system that is used by our customers and developers. Within this system we can install plug ins, apps, create custom code and so on.

If the customers we serve can no longer do their job because of some issue that resulted in us using an outdated tool, then we as the developers and supporters of the client are on the hook for liability. Especially if the company that owned the software we are using explicitly stated to us that the product is no longer under support.

This is just Adobe covering their bases for their entire creative cloud suite, as can be seen in the list of deprecated/unsupported versions. This is CYA from Adobe so that if there is blowback, they can point to the date and time they told the world that they no longer support a specific version.

Again, I think this is an issue of low attention span (didn't read the whole article/only the headline from click bait sites) or people not really understanding what the press release entailed and means.

I believe this deals more with corporations or people that are building structured applications using API or plug in access to the Adobe tools.

This is just Adobe covering their bases for their entire creative cloud suite, as can be seen in the list of deprecated/unsupported versions. This is CYA from Adobe so that if there is blowback, they can point to the date and time they told the world that they no longer support a specific version.

Got it now - thanks.

Depends on which sides lawyers you are talking to, I'm sure they could argue it on both sides.

Every EULA I've read is an agreement between just two parties..... me and the party I'm purchasing / leasing the product / service from. I've never seen a peep about anyone else.

Real Name
Andrew
Every EULA I've read is an agreement between just two parties..... me and the party I'm purchasing / leasing the product / service from. I've never seen a peep about anyone else.

I see you've probably never had to deal with lawyers before....lol...it was a bit of a tongue in cheek joke about the legal system.

Latest threads

Top Bottom