Still sporting the 'glow'

Discussion in 'People' started by bwilder10h, Mar 26, 2007.

1. It's hard to go wrong with a model this beautiful... :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: but I'm open to advice for a good 'maternity pose'. She's a little stiff anytime she's in front of the camera and I struggle to find a pose I like to coach her to...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Beautiful shots of a beautiful woman Brian!! This is kind of "nit picky" but I would take the healing brush to the background to remove some of those wrinkles. Either that or hit it with a steamer... :biggrin:

I really like the 3rd image, but it looks slightly underexposed. A little levels adjustment in PS would really make it pop.

3. Thanks Keith.

Shew... man I spent an hour ironing that blasted muslin. Hard to believe it's the dye job that makes it look wrinkled. Believe me... it ain't wrinkled... :rolleyes: 

It's funny you mention the levels thing on the third image because I was noticing it looks a bit darker when viewed here versus on my machine. Maybe it's because I dont convert to SRGB before posting.

4. That's pretty funny. :biggrin: I just picked up a 5x7 portable background, but while experimenting I found that I need something bigger, unless I'm doing simple headshots.

5. Your wife looks gorgeous in these shots. She definitely has the glow. You might want to try moving her a little further away from the background and then using DOF to throw it slightly out of focus.

6. Keith, I got 4 10x16 backgrounds from Amvona for a little over $200 shipped from their auctions. I've only had the patience to iron one. :biggrin:

Thank you for the comments Gordon. I'll have to remember to try that with the placement of the model.

7. A beautiful combination of charm and elegance - gorgeous images!

8. Brian, I tweaked the last image a little by moving the right slider in levels until it contacted the data in the your histogram. I then dropped the brightness a little with the Brightness/Contrast slider. See what you think?

original.

9. Looks good Gordon! A little brighter than the image before posting but looks great.

Thanks for the nice comment Frits.

10. Her necklace looks like it has turned around with the clasp in front.

As pretty as she is, that's easy to overlook.

11. Thanks Rick, she's got the bracelet to match. They are called 'tag' items and believe it or not, they are supposed to look like that. Go figure... :smile:

Strange as it may seem, all of the shots I've taken of her since she was pregnant are just snapped quickly after she gets ready to go out for the evening. I've been taking a quick shot here or there just to have some photos as she gets bigger.
    When she gets further along, I want to actually plan an evening where we take some better shots for the baby's room. I'll use the suggestions you e-mailed when we do that. :wink:

12. Brian beautiful shots of your beautiful wife. I think I prefer the maternity type poses liek yoru avatar where yoru wife is concentrating more on her belly than smiling for you.. just my 2 cents..She might even feel more comfortable that way..

13. snownow

snownow

Jul 13, 2006
    so cal
    I have a few as well, I dont think i have ever seen any thing with more wrinkles than the backdrops from them....:eek: 

14. snownow

snownow

Jul 13, 2006
    so cal
    Oh and nice Job!

15. Gr8Tr1x

Gr8Tr1x Guest

Great shots, and you're lighting setup is serving you well. nicely done.

16. Nchesher

Nchesher

Jul 7, 2006
    Lansing,MI
    If you're looking for maternity check out ILP. Its very estrogencentric but a good place for kids portraits and maternity. There's some really talented ladies and some really bad ones.

http://ilovephotography.com

17. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    Brian,
    She looks beautiful. I never got a photo of me when I was pregnant years ago. She will love these. I like these better than ones I have seen with the bare belly showing. (Guess I am a bit old fashioned!)

I've got two backdrops coming today. Hope I can get the wrinkles out of mine. I guess that the wrinkled look is in if you keep it really wrinkled. Not sure if I would like that look, though.

I have been using a curtain for my backdrop. It didn't look good, until I tried what Gordon suggested--moving the model further away. Then it worked fine.

18. BigPixel

BigPixel Guest

the first is drop dead beautiful. Great color processing and the pose is so much more telling that she is pregnant. Very nice. I'll buy inbto the advice that the bg looks a little too wrinkled though.

19. Eric, Robert, Josh, Terri and Mike, thanks for the kind words. I've got some other ideas that I want to try soon that don't include the studio lights. Stay tuned... :smile:

20. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!

That is the way it's suppose to be...the clasp is suppose to be in the front...due to the charm...

Anyway, you need to give us the particulars...how far along...girl or boy...when is the little miracle due?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.