Stolen camera sends pics of thieves to its owner

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by lr0868, Sep 10, 2008.

1. lr0868

lr0868

May 25, 2008
    henderson, nv
  2. dj addicted

dj addicted

Apr 15, 2008
    Florida
    why would she not press charges???? I would have in a heartbeat!! Thieves won't get the picture if they don't get charged. So what he got fired, he will just get another job elsewhere.

3. zerocool

zerocool

Jan 21, 2008
    Tracy Calif
    i wouldn't of .... i would of found out who they were, and then waited outside for them... but then again im a vengeful person sometimes....

4. How can she press charges? Let's think about this for a second....
    Nothing was taken from her person, she left the bag. Only thing they can be charged with is possession of stolen property (I'm not a lawyer nor a cop). So they got fired from that place, can't use them for reference....

5. I'm pretty sure *some* kind of charges could have been filed....he learned nothing from this except to check the memory card before using a stolen camera.

6. dj addicted

dj addicted

Apr 15, 2008
    Florida
    so, if someone leaves a car running in a parking lot with the keys in it, it is ok to just take the car? No, it is still theft. Yes she could have pressed charges.

7. Oooh I saw this story yesterday! I am going to HAVE to get an eye-fi card now! Cool story! :)

8. lr0868

lr0868

May 25, 2008
    henderson, nv
    exactly my thoughts

9. Neat gadget and a fun story. Bad guy's busted.

10. rocketliv

rocketliv Guest

I think because he was an employee its still theft but had it been another diner, maybe it could have been tricky and more of a "moral" issue. I am not sure. Since it was an employee, I would have pressed charges because he would have been asked if he saw it and lied about it and thus knew he was stealing it!! Which should be obvious to us all but some people can convince themselves of anything

11. My thoughts exactly.

12. But how fast are these cards? I bet they're pricey though, but obviously worth every cent to that lady.

13. In MA, value over $XX is a felony charge, not just a misdemeanor. I'm pretty sure $1k is well over the limit. That woulda really made mess of his record.

14. From the quick research I did, they're only SD. :frown:

15. In many cities in the US, you can be ticketed for leaving your car running without being in or around it. But yeah, it's still theft.