Stolen Photograph

Forgetting about it and moving on simply empowers everyone else to continue to do this. I'd press the issue simply on principle.

I have had photo's stolen many times. Sure its not very nice.

I was looking at a local guide book in a bookshop and realised the author had raided my blog to get a whole lot of pictures.

I wrote a letter to the publisher, who replied that they had published the book thinking that the author had taken the pictures. They also told me that they did not pay for photographs.

I just decided that it was a waste of time escalating the matter and moved on to something more productive.

The author cut a bad figure with his publisher at least.

I would advise you not to lose too much sleep over the matter and move on.
I'm very much in agreement with you. I'm not going to pursue legal redress.

However, the 'artist' disclosed the details of the organization to whom he intends donating the painting. He did so in an effort to 'prove' that he wasn't profiting from the appropriation of my work. (Though he does have the painting listed for sale at $3,250 on his website....

So, I'm considering contacting this organization and warning them that they would be acquiring stolen property. That might hurt his credibility. On the other hand, it might free up the print for him to sell for over 3 grand.
I wonder if the culprit is being honest about a charity being involved.
Mike,
I have the charity contact info, so will find out.

His story as to why it was listed at over $3k on his website didn't strike me as credible.

For a charity or not, he was quite brazen, unapologetic and a bit aggressive....so while I won't go through the effort and expense of legal....I will push this a bit further and warn the charity involved that they are being offered 'stolen goods'.

Ronald and I spoke this evening about his plight. Hiring a lawyer for a cross-border copyright infringement case is expensive and pretty pointless for one painting. I've advised him to do what I did - give them 24 hours to make it right or else... Domains are only $16.99 to register LOL He's going to have a think about it, and if he wants to proceed, I'll give him a hand. We're all in this together!

Thanks Mike. Was thinking of you last Saturday when I was down at St Lawrence Market. Butcher selling wabbit!♥ That was such a lovely evening.

Hi, Sandi, and glad that you are helping out Ronald with this, and also glad to see you around these parts again! :)
Hi Connie, great to 'see' you again. It seems the only time my cam comes out is to shoot real estate these days. That's OK, keeps my out of trouble. ;)

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
Great to have you drop in again! We went through parts of Eastern Canada last year on a 2 month trip. I wondered what you were up to! LOL! We didn't get to Toronto. I'd like to do another trip and hit Toronto and Quebec.

Ronald and I spoke this evening about his plight. Hiring a lawyer for a cross-border copyright infringement case is expensive and pretty pointless for one painting. I've advised him to do what I did - give them 24 hours to make it right or else... Domains are only $16.99 to register LOL He's going to have a think about it, and if he wants to proceed, I'll give him a hand. We're all in this together!

Greatly appreciate your help, Sandi.

I'll be in touch....

Ronald

Latest threads

Top Bottom