Stone bridge

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by fuss, Jul 21, 2007.

1. I am really bummed that I blew out the sky on these(and then made worse in pp), I will have to get back out there and re-do them, do think it is a worthwhile subject? any composition suggestions? Thx.
    D50, 18-200vr.

861833395_3baf302780_b.

View attachment 107039

2. Ptchfork

Ptchfork

Jul 8, 2007
    New York City
    Nice motion on the water, I agree it would be better if there was more definition to the sky

3. yamo

yamo

Jun 28, 2007
    Santa Cruz, CA
    Greetings. Interesting subject, tough lighting conditions. I like the compostion of the first image, but the bridge in the second image is completed on the right where it is chopped off a bit in the first image. If the location is available to you, you might try it with your Sigma 10-20 for a bit more width. And another thought is perhaps from a slightly higher perspective, if possible to catch a bit more of the curving road which to my eye would give the image some interesting depth.

Just some thoughts, your mileage may vary.

Cheers,

-Yamo-

4. kwork

kwork

Jun 8, 2006
    NC
    As i scroll down the page, I really like the first image with almost all of the sky cropped out. Just a bit of sky visible on the left side above the road