Stone Mountain GA

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by aerostat56, Aug 4, 2007.

1. Shot this with my 70-300 VR
    Lots of people go to the laser show every night.

2. senna

senna

Jan 6, 2007
    San Jose Ca.
    I lived in the town of Stone Mt. back in the mid 80's. the laser light show was pretty cool back then. Just for perspective, if I remember correctly a 6' tall man can stand in the mouth (if he can get up there:confused:) of the lead horse's mouth. It's a huge carving.

3. Bolts

Bolts

May 7, 2007
    Tampa, Florida
    Funny, I was just talking the other day with some friends about Stone Mountain. I, too, lived in the area in the 70s and 80s and loved the Pink Floyd Laser Light Shows (with some beer and a bucket of KFC chicken.)

We were all laughing about how hard it would be now to get a permit to carve 3 (Confederate?) generals into the largest piece of exposed granite in the US.

Might I add, Aero, that is a lovely photo. I don't remember seeing that much detail in the carving in person, but of course, it was dark when I was there and my vision was blurry.

4. There is a nice dramatic moment in the laser show when the horses start running. Very cool place to be in Summer evenings. Great to do a nice hike to the top of the mountain.

5. never been thier....but i am a child of the sixties and can appreciate a good light show...some beer....and KFC.........need to add this to my places to visit....great shot. db

6. JeffKohn

JeffKohn

Apr 21, 2005
    Houston, TX
    Nice shot, I really like the way the lighting brings out all the subtle details in teh carving and in the mountain itself.