Stop, stop.....STOP!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PeterRH, Nov 23, 2005.

1. PeterRH

PeterRH Guest

Grey day, miserable driving conditions in London. Stopped for the nth time in traffic at the lights, when for some reason my eyes clicked onto the stop light on the van and the traffic lights, the passing traffic ahead, and the Albert Bridge in the background.

And I just had to take the pic. The patterns still seem to resonate even now but I wasn't sure where to put this - cars, photojournalism, who knows.

In the end I thought it might fit here as a question...how many of us carry our cams in the car and can take a pic at a moment's notice?

D70, 45 f/2.8P @f/3.5

[​IMG]

2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Nice pic Peter. To answer your question, I carry my D2H on the passenger seat fully charged and ready to shoot everywhere I go. :wink:

3. PJohnP

PJohnP

Feb 5, 2005
    Peter :

Ever notice my motto at the end of any post I make with a photo I've taken ? It's darned rare that I don't have gear with me.

John P.

4. PeterRH

PeterRH Guest

Well I have now!

Just looked at some...yup you certainly qualify as a 100% 'alert' photographer!

5. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

6. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

7. Angelo

Angelo

Sep 19, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    Peter - Nice shot and nice post process. I always have my cam with me.

8. I never did carry my carry with me and I just started getting into the habit but yesterday I was on govt land and I saw the sun shining through the clouds and it was so beautiful and I wanted so much to take that picture but since you can't take pictures on the land, I had to pass. It was sad.

9. Always

I used to take my camera with me in its backpack everywhere.....Too may missed shots, now it rides on the seat next to me with flash attached and lens cap removed. My wife thinks it's silly that she has to ride in the back seat ( just kidding):biggrin: , she holds it for me!

Regards,
    Mike

10. What a bunch of geeks we are!! LOL It's true that once you acquire a passion for photography, you hate to be parted from your gear. If I don't have the S3Pro and lenses with me, I always have a little Canon SD300 which I whip out quite frequently. Fast startup and can take video at 60fps if I need it. Great little addition to the beast.

Peter, I love your processing on this shot - very city-ish look to it... Must run, the Corrie Street 2hr Sunday a.m. marathon is on, can't miss my dose of British trash!! LOL