Stork Art :>))

Discussion in 'Retouching and Post Processing' started by Gale, Oct 23, 2005.

1. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Bad day shootin yesterday.Bad light you name it. However, I really like this guy.
    Storks are interesting, if not rather prehistoric looking. So decided to make art out of him and keep him anyway.

Used the Filter Gallery in PSCS2. Several art filters. posterize, little glow edges. Little paint with light and color.

Let me know what you think :>))

2. that is an outstanding rendition Gale. I suspect that would sell at a gallery.
    Wood stork?
    Dave

3. Great job on this one looks very nice, sure wish I knew CS2 more than I do

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Thank You Dave !!!

I'll print and frame and send to your "Fine Art Dealership Gallery"...lolol Hope the commission isn't to high...lolol

I think his evil eye sold me on this one......

Playing in PS is fun and very time consuming. Whish I could do it for a living. lol

I really don't know photoshop all that well though.

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Hi Mike,
    Thank you very much.

Not to much to know to do this.. Just the Filter Gallery and start playing, until it looks like something you like.

My problem with PS is layers. I can use layers and do several with this type of thing, only to not lose what I had done previous, so if I screw it up, I can throw it away, and not have to start all over. Layer masks and stuff, I just can't get a handle on.

I can layer a dagwood sandwish real well....lolol Know where the meat and lettuce are :>))

Glad you liked this one.

6. Gale, I'm usually not such a fan of these artsy sketches, but your's caught me. Neat work.
    Cheers

7. Excellent rendition, Gale. The stork looks like 3D. May be just a bit brighter head will make it standing out from the background. Good work with PS indeed.

8. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Thank You Harry,

Took me a long time to get used to photos as artsy :>)))

However playing around sometimes turns up a suprise...lolol

I don't have to many.

9. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Dao,
    Thank you so much for the nice compliment.. On screen and not jpg looks better.
    This is bit darker than PS.

One day I will have it printed :>))) lol

We were thinking of you while out shooting yeaterday. Kevin told me you said to tell me hello.. Thank you.

Wish you were here.
    Hope alls well there.

10. Nice one Gale... :smile:

11. This is super Gale, nice job.

12. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Thank You gordon,

Fun guy he is :>))

13. Gale, absolutly beautiful and looks so real. To tell you the truth, I haven't been over on DPR retouching in a couple weeks. I used to spend a lot of time there but needed a break. So since you visit there more than I do, what is new going on over there?

14. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Hi Melissa,

Glenn Mitchel has some real good TRL tools for several different things. Might go poke around or go to his site. The lights right.

More paint with light and smudge and illustrated..

Boy now smudge and illustrator look ...can't get that. Tried a tad with the smudge tool now and again. But not good yet :>))

Thanks for the nice compliment. :>)))

15. Hi Gale,

I can't get that smudge thing down either. I did one and it didn't look right so I gave up and will just see the wonerful pieces of work that Alan B does.