Storm shots

Seems like it's been a stormy spring. Anyone get any good storm or lightning shots? We had a pretty powerful storm come through MA recently...out of light 60+ photos I managed to get one good one when a HUGE bolt struck nearby:

1. (SOOC)
lightning-1_800x600.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Anyone else get any good storm shots recently?

Bill, that is a fantastic shot. I have never tried to shoot a lightning storm since we never get them here in Southern California. I would love to have an opportunity to shoot one someday.

Here's my contribution. We visited Yosemite last week, and there was a storm brewing in the horizon:
5786869290_12337bd586_b.jpg

btw, the storm caught up to us and it rained and snowed the whole day. I was lucky to snap a few shots as it was raining hard.

Bill, that is a fantastic shot. I have never tried to shoot a lightning storm since we never get them here in Southern California. I would love to have an opportunity to shoot one someday.

Head up to Palmdale next time they have a storm. I shot several when I lived there and most were electrical storms

Here's my contribution. We visited Yosemite last week, and there was a storm brewing in the horizon:
[URL]http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5304/5786869290_12337bd586_b.jpg[/url]

btw, the storm caught up to us and it rained and snowed the whole day. I was lucky to snap a few shots as it was raining hard.

Is this HDR?

We have not had much lightning this year. Have not had an active year since about 2008. This one was from last month. Shot from our deck. Its starting to warm up here so I hope to see some good lightning soon.

EP10510110039.jpg

Latest threads

Top Bottom