1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Strange bird at my Feeder

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Alvin Bates, Sep 25, 2008.

1. Our hummers appear to have skipped town for the winter, but we have lots of chickadees, nuthatches, blue jays, harries and downies after the seeds. Then there is this strange one . . .

strange_bird_3265.

It is (obviously) backlit, so some of the colours on his back are blown - had to snap in a hurry before he jumped down.

No apologies for posting it here!

2. I believe that is referred to as an "odd Duck" :) 

3. pirahnah3

pirahnah3

Feb 22, 2008
    wuss-tah
    lol does it fly??

i know mie do when i shoo them out of the feeder

4. kirbinster

kirbinster

Nov 24, 2007
    NJ, USA
    I have a neat new bird feeder that does not allow this bird. It has a top and base at a positive charge and the pegs and holes for food are negatively charged. No problems for birds, but four legged "birds" get a "correction" and tend not to come back.

2872677061_4ceaee61c5.

5. from Jim aka The Deadly Fish: "i know mine do when i shoo them out of the feeder"

Strange - I can feed them by hand, in fact they will chase me around the yard looking for handouts but they sure do fly if I approach the feeder! Its like they know that using the feeder is a naughty thing.

from kirbinster: "I have a neat new bird feeder that does not allow this bird. It has a top and base at a positive charge and the pegs and holes for food are negatively charged. No problems for birds, but four legged "birds" get a "correction" and tend not to come back."

Never saw one of these in Canada (as if I knew everything available). The one we have is a "squirrel-buster", the gates close because a squirrel is too heavy, nothing said about chipmunks.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.