Strange PC behavior....

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
I seemed to be connected to the internet....I get new emails, and can read new posts here on NikonCafe.

But all images have disappeared......i.e. no images in threads here and no images on a B&H email newletter that just came in my email.

Thoughts?

Growltiger

Administrator
Administrator
First thing to do is try a different browser. You don't say which one you are using.
Are you using any addons to that browser?
Did you try rebooting the PC?
Did you try going to google.com and see if there is the normal image on the front page. Then search for something and then click on Images. Does Google show you images of the thing you searched for? If not, what does it show?
You need to do a bit of detective work to pin it down.
It could be something outside your PC. Your ISP for example.

Did your Email browser perform an "upgrade" lately? Mine has the default of blocking all images until I specifically allow them to be displayed.

When you go to Flickr, or other image hosting site- can you see images? If not- I would suspect the browser or virus scanner is blocking them, or the display routine is "broken" for decoding Jpegs.

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
OK......Justin re-set our router and I re-started my PC. Now the internet is back up and images are showing up! YEAH!

I thought it strange that I was getting new emails......but no images were showing up in those emails (Maybe it was trying to prevent me from ordering more goodies from B&H?????) I feared it might be the graphics card!

Anyway, our connection to the internet appears to have gone down and we were able to re-set it.

Thanks, everyone!

Growltiger

Administrator
Administrator
Sounds like it was a DNS problem. Restarting the router and the PC would have fixed it. Many ISPs are hopeless at keeping their DNS servers running. I have switched to using Google's DNS and that is very reliable.

Latest threads

Top Bottom