Strange question...

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR' started by italy74, Mar 29, 2007.

1. Hi all there
    in this digital forum.. is there anyone knowing the film camera Nikon FM2 ? :wink: if not in this forum, where else here? I could have a good opportunity to get one.

All the best and thanks in advance

2. biggstr6

biggstr6

Apr 26, 2005
    Richmond,Va
    I never had a fm2 , but I had several FMs and they were great manual cameras. If that helps.

3. fine cameras, but FULLY manual....be sure you check for dents, as the meter is fragile

4. FrankAtlanta

FrankAtlanta Guest

I still have my FM2. Great camera. Robust, tough and fully manual. The battery only powers the meter, so you can continue to shoot even if you lose battery power.

I last used mine several years ago; however, I've heard from others that - since some of these are getting up in age - you may need to do a CLA. I've heard that some of the material in the mirror box can start to degrade and needs to be replaced. Haven't done it myself, but have been thinking about it.

Check with a local reputable repair shop for the cost to refurb; may impact your economics.

5. Thank you all

I think the problem has been solved since the OP here forgot the sale post open (but he now declared he doesn't want to sell it any longer) but I still have just a question: what's in your acronym a "CLA"? Some kind of check?
    Althought I've understood the rest, this is a word that I don't know.

Thanks in advance.

6. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Clean, lube and adjust.

7. I love using mine