Strap

Real Name
Mike
Guess it's time to replace my BR strap....and desk calendar.

BR strap.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Real Name
Don Roy
I took the cheap route and got THIS, a BR clone. I swapped out the cumbersome clip on the strap (the one in your pic) for one of THESE, since I have a QD socket in my camera base. The quality of both is fine, have been in service a year now.

Looks well used, congratulations !! Does appear that you deserve a new strap.
Personally I do not like straps with metal components, had too much stuff scratched in the field as I hurriedly stuff gear into the backpack. But that is just me.
I hope you get to wear a couple more straps out in the future.
Gary

Real Name
Mike
I took the cheap route and got THIS, a BR clone. I swapped out the cumbersome clip on the strap (the one in your pic) for one of THESE, since I have a QD socket in my camera base. The quality of both is fine, have been in service a year now.
I've already ordered a new Black Rapid. This one has served me well for quite a few years. They've redesigned the connectors to resemble the one you purchased. This strap almost never comes of this lens unless I need to mount a tripod. I still cannot find anything to account for the wear on the strap.

Real Name
Mike
Personally I do not like straps with metal components, had too much stuff scratched in the field as I hurriedly stuff gear into the backpack. But that is just me.
Gary
I've used it several years almost daily. Still cannot see what would be the cause of the strap wear. No burrs or sharp edges.

Real Name
Randy
Gary
I'm always watching that metal stuff when in the bag but I like that it's metal when in use. I still have and use the original BR strap. Fine product especially compared to something like lenscoats

Real Name
Mike
I'm always watching that metal stuff when in the bag but I like that it's metal when in use. I still have and use the original BR strap. Fine product especially compared to something like lenscoats
I watch everything also, making sure everything is tight. I also noticed a bit of wear between the metal clip and mount. I'm wondering how the new strap will wear with the new plastic mount and metal clip.

McQ

Still looking to break 80 consistently.
Real Name
Glenn
Guess it's time to replace my BR strap....and desk calendar.

View attachment 1676953

Love my BR strap and have been considering updating it as mine is almost 15 years old. Not quite as worn as yours is here but it's seen lots of action.

Nice to see alternatives, and that looks like a nice one, although I'm undecided on which way to go. I really love BR gear.

Since this thread is about straps, it may not be too much of hijack to ask about tripod carrying straps...

I usually go out with the camera strap around my neck and I carry my tripod, which is actually fairly light. The other day was very sunny and it turned out I never used the tripod, but each photo I took required me to open the tripod legs and set it down while I was shooting, then reverse the process when I was done. That got me wondering if there was a better way to carry the tripod and lo and behold I came across the world of tripod carrying straps.

These appear to be relatively inexpensive and may have helped in my last outing, but I don't want to buy something I won't use. So I was wondering if anyone had experience with these things. In particular, if you are frequently using the tripod for a lot of shots how convenient is it to hook and unhook it each time and what to do with the strap in the interim?

Thanks.

Latest threads

Top Bottom