Street Musician

Discussion in 'People' started by Phyer Phyter, Mar 24, 2007.

1. So I havn't had any pictures to contribute lately so I went out this afternoon to Whyte Ave. in Edmonton to see what I could find. Here is a series of a Street Performer. Lemme know what one ya like.

Kitty Corner...
    432943219_0cb89035bc_b.

Cross Corner...
    View attachment 86871

Up Close...
    View attachment 86872

Stand Up
    View attachment 86873

Finally Someone to play to...
    432943161_e27a0e890d_b.

2. Vienna Pics

Vienna Pics

Nov 14, 2005
    Virgnia
    Great series - did you get any more of the women in the last pic? She looks like she would be a great subject....

3. What a great series! Bravo!!

4. JimTech

JimTech Guest

This is a nice series but they look a little washed out. Have you tried a curves or contrast adjustment?

5. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Nice to see images from your neck of the woods. The image with the musician and the young lady speaks volumes. Nicely done...keep the images coming.

6. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Cool series. I like the last one the best...she really seems to be enjoying the music.

Thanks for posting these!

7. I like the last three, the isolation of the subject help me stay interested in the picture. The last is my favorite because of the interest she is showing in his playing....she is also very colorful!

Mike

8. I walked around Whyte Ave for about an hour and saw her a couple of times. She appeared to me to be about 15-16 y/o. Interesting style but seemed kinda creepy for a 40 something y/o man with a camera lurking on a busy street taking pictures of people.
    Thanks, I am glad you enjoyed it.
    I am using a new monitor and this is about the 1st images I have processed and posted with it. Do they look washed out to anyone else? I noticed on a couple pics there seems to be that bluish/grey hue as if I used a polarizing filter which I didn't.
    I didnt get a lot of shots as I felt rather conspicuos (sp?) hanging around a busy street taking pics of people. One girl, while I was waiting to cross the street approached me and said "Hey whatcha got your camera out for?" I replied "I am taking pictures!" (in my mind I was thinking - Heres your sign...)
    I was walking back to my car when I saw her sitting with him. I thought perfect why hadn't she been there an hour before when I took the other pics. I agree with everyone else. I think her funky look really makes the shot.
    In the first shot I wanted to see what it would look like with the musician on the corner with the names of the business split on both sides of the building. One side is a Cocktail Bar and on the other is a Fine Bistro with the same header name... Continental Treat. I tried to split the name purposely but I guess no one picked up on that...

Thanks for all the kind comments....

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2007
  9. Great series, and what a finish!! Gotta love a redhead!! :wink:

10. Thanks Sandi, I think she made the shot...

11. The last one, for sure!