Featured Street of Hyderabad

Discussion in 'Photojournalism, Candids and Street Photography' started by Phil K, Sep 5, 2017.

1. I went to Hyderabad last week for a conference and had half a day of free time. It's a very interesting city where there are new modern buildings of international firms as well as old stuffs in the old town.

I was near Charminar and noticed a boy taking photos of me with his cellphone, and I asked to take a photo of him too.
    B0000312.

Scissors
    B0000323.

Fruit
    B0000322.

Charminar
    B0000321.

Mecca Masjid
    B0000318.

Chowmahalla Palace
    B0000326.

2. Interesting scenes. Thanks for sharing. I like the portrait of the boy. Is that attire typical or was there a special occasion?

3. photogramps

photogramps

May 6, 2012
    uk
    Roger
    Very varied set, gives a nice taste of the area. :)

4. Nice work. It's a city I haven't visited, but it has a strong multi-cultural reputation.

5. Ann_JS

Ann_JS

Feb 18, 2015
    New York State
    The girl who owns that Palace (and the other one too!), and who has been responsible for its renovation, was a close school friend of mine!

Unfortunately I lost touch with her after we left school.

The Princess Esra, née Esra Birgin, married the grandson and heir of the Nizam of Hyderabad.

6. Commodorefirst

Commodorefirst Admin/Moderator Administrator

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    Wonderfull images, great color, great subject. Well done.

7. Interesting set, nice work.

Cheers

8. JusPlainCrayzee

JusPlainCrayzee Administrator Administrator

That is a fantastic set, Phil. Nice work!

9. Thanks for sharing these fine images with us. Love the peaceful feel to the one with the couple walking by the palace. Also the colorful garb in #1 and 4.

10. No, it's something special. There was a big festival over the weekend so maybe he dressed up for that.

Thank you very much Roger. It's a very interesting city.

Thank you Nick. It's my first time visiting India and it's a whole new experience for me.

Oh wow! I also had dinner in Falaknuma Palace and it's a magnificent place. I saw photos of Princess Esra in the palace and she's very elegant. I think she is living in London now.

Thank you very much Wade. This year I use my cameras more, after lazily using the cellphone to take photos in past few years.

Thank you very much Alan.

Thank you Lyndee. The trip was short but quite interesting.

Thank you Gordon. The city is very colourful and has lots of good photo spots.