Street Party

This was taken outside the buildings that my grandparents lived in. This was a street party in North London, to celebrate Queen Elizabeth II's coronation in 1953.

street.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

And here, on the right as we look at her, in the full glory of her apron and slippers, is my Grandma with a friend:

street2.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I don't know who the photographer was. But it wasn't me!

Love these flashbacks in time! This is what counts! Thanks for sharing these & your Grandmother was Beautiful Peter!

Thanks Steve!

I've got a large box of old family photos, some of them going back to the end of the 1800s, and I find them fascinating, even the ones where I have no idea who the people are. Others, of people i remember well from childhood, are very poignant. My wife has scanned every one of them for me.

I remember my grandmother very well even though she died when I was nine. She looked after me a great deal when my mother couldn't, and we were very close. She certainly was beautiful to me. :smile:

Thanks Steve!

I've got a large box of old family photos, some of them going back to the end of the 1800s, and I find them fascinating, even the ones where I have no idea who the people are. Others, of people i remember well from childhood, are very poignant. My wife has scanned every one of them for me.

I remember my grandmother very well even though she died when I was nine. She looked after me a great deal when my mother couldn't, and we were very close. She certainly was beautiful to me. :smile:

I've got a lot of them too Peter. Love looking at them & thinking what their struggles & lives were like. Someday i'll start the scanning. Nice story & nostalgia!

Love those old pictures. Especially well done and well kept ones like those.

Thanks for sharing Peter.
:smile:

Peter, it's a very good idea to show these old family photos.
Nothing will ever replace them!

Love those old pictures. Especially well done and well kept ones like those.

Thanks for sharing Peter.
:smile:

Thanks Floyd. I like the old ones too. I think you can generally tell a genuine oldie from a modern "antiqued" version, especially when there's people in it, wearing their carpet slippers in the street! :biggrin:

Love these old shots, and I alway wonder what happened to all those in the photos...

Thanks Wally, me too... the little kids are around 60 years old now, so hopefully they're still around with some interesting stories to tell.

I'm think I'll facebook these to see if anyone pops up. :smile:

Thank you Lyndee and Ky, it was fun doing a bit of processing on them.

The old photos have their own kind of magic i think. Thanks for looking. :smile::smile:

Wonderful photos, Peter. As someone who grew up in the same house with my grandparents, I can really appreciate the bond that you had. I think sharing these old pictures is a great idea. Thanks!

wonderful pics Peter, like yourself my folks have shoe boxes full of them.
yes, they do have a magic quality about them.

Latest threads

Top Bottom