Street Preachers II

Discussion in 'Photojournalism, Candids and Street Photography' started by Removed User 1, Nov 14, 2005.

1. Another Saturday night on Miami Beach with the street preachers. More upset people after the encounter. I had someone try and grab my camera and demand my film.
    Newest images are on top of the collection.
    http://www.pbase.com/lautermilch/repent

2. Nutcases, man. There's a quote in the Bible about removing the pole from your eye before worrying about removing the speck in someone else's eye. I'm sure it's applicable to these evangelists. Noone is without sin. Noone has the right to judge. In my opinion at least.

3. Rob

Rob

Jul 28, 2005
    Truro, Cornwall, UK
    Dean, number 3 reminds me of two old bull seals, both certain in their uncertainty yet neither willing to back off, until they've bumped their t-shirts, and said, "Yeh, yeh, who says!" or whatever that is in bull seal speak.:smile: (Mark Mark):biggrin:

4. Ray C.

Ray C.

Nov 7, 2005
    Thailand
    Dean, I'm curious...who is getting upset with you for shooting, the preachers or the ones passing by?

5. patrickh

patrickh

May 4, 2005
    Thousand Oaks
    Cannot see pics any longer. Did you move them?

6. This note appears on his gallery:

"I have deleted all images. If you are in them and want a copy then email me for a DVD to be made."

7. patrickh

patrickh

May 4, 2005
    Thousand Oaks
    Thank you UF. Odd.

8. heiko

heiko

May 15, 2005
    Israel
    Just visited Dean's gallery - shows dozens of pictures of the preachers. Good work, Dean (I mean photography-wise).

9. I had a few get in my face as the did not want to be photographed but for the most part they were too upset and yelling at the preachers to notice me.

10. I deleted them after three models pulled 'no show/no contact' in one weekend. I'm writing a book and dealing with models was frustrating me to the point it was interferring with time to write the book. I got a lot of emails asking for the images so I decided to start reposting and end dealings with models and stick to street photography.

11. ajacobs2

ajacobs2

Nov 22, 2005
    Tampa, Florida, USA
    Alan Jacobson
    Sometimes Freedom of Speech offends Freedom Of Religion.
    Sometime Feedom of Speech offends normalcy...

12. patrickh

patrickh

May 4, 2005
    Thousand Oaks
    Frank

I am sorry to hear of your travails with the modelling profession (if it can be elevated to that level after all the recent revelations of strange lifestyles). I really enjoyed your street preacher series and wondered - given the equipment listing you show - what is your main walkabout lens?