Street Preachers III

Discussion in 'Photojournalism, Candids and Street Photography' started by Removed User 1, Dec 18, 2005.

1. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    Dean,

I like this continuing series that you post. I check your website often.

Your style is very nice, the images are great and convey lots of feeling.

Thanks for your continued sharing of these and other PJ shots.

Regards,

2. heiko

heiko

May 15, 2005
    Israel
    Agree with Patrick - nice work.

3. that's a great pic, you've framed it brilliantly to include all the bold banners and slogans, it gets the point across perfectly

4. patrickh

patrickh

May 4, 2005
    Thousand Oaks
    Great shots Dean - I love this series too. That is one scary dude - there is nothing as dangerous as someone who is convinced he knows the ONLY way..... BTW is that a pistol holster on his belt?

5. rbsmith

rbsmith

Apr 13, 2005
    Saltillo, Ms
    That is a plumb bob holder. I wonder if he is a surveyor when he's not preaching. Kind of strange. This is a nice series. They look very fervent in their beliefs. I don't really agree with this type of confrontational evangelism. But I don't think they are a danger to anyone. In some cases it appears that they are being threatened. Again this a good series that does not show favoritism to either side.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2005
  6. The tool belt question comes up often.
    1. Jesus was a carpenter so they like wearing something that Jesus would wear if he was around today.
    2. The holder is perfect for the sign pole when they are walking. The other pockets are for tracts and other stuff they like to have one them.

Thanks everyone of the nice comments. I'm going to add a statement to my PBase site explaining I am for Freedom of Speech and will support any group that takes to the street even if I personally disagree with what they are saying.

7. Rob

Rob

Jul 28, 2005
    Truro, Cornwall, UK
    Another great image to add to the series Dean. I just had a look at the inside edge of the billboard he is wearing. Does it mention 'Measurebators' on there? Or is it my imagination.:biggrin:

8. Everything looks spelled correctly to me. The signs are created by the national group and are used on a lot of college campuses.

9. Dean, you certainly caught the emotion in that shot. Well done.