Street Rod, photoshop work in progress...opinions?

What you think so far with this? Was getting rid of parking lot background and stuff, just playing with gradients so far.

149099408-L.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Will, I thought about adding a reflective star or two, put it through a few extra photoshop steps, and a bit more cleaning up. Make a nice poster with that caption you mentioned. :)

My daughter really converted it into a nice thing, which eventually hopefully I can photograph to share. She's an aspiring graphic artist.

Real Name
Dave
Looks kinda of "ZZ-Top ish" I like the mood and the style.

Just for grins and giggles try the gradient purple highlight horizontal instead of vertical. ( More "-" instead of "|" )

Thanks Dave, cool, I'll play a bit more when I have time on it. It's a very photogenic street rod from the front, for the record, here's what I started with:

146023128-L.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Real Name
Dave
If I was worth a hoot at Photoshop I'd give Doug a longer beard and add "CARS" eyeballs to the streetrod's headlights (Just kidding - its been a long day here).

haha Dave.

Paul, I haven't showed my daughter's work yet, but I will, the above was all my doing. Her's is an interesting print media work.

She split the car into 3 parts on mat board with creative bordering, and it just came off way cool I thought.

Thanks though on my part here. My daughter is doing things like Illustrator, and stuff, graphic arts major stuff. she's doing well though, I am quite proud of her progress as a student, and the growth I've seen in her lately. It's been a long and winding road, lol.

thanks Gary, I should be able to clone the windshield and wipe that window view out. Not sure what that is we are seeing in there.

I could try that phecksel, as the bottom lighting is a separate layer. thanks!

Maybe I'll go to the street rod nationals tomorrow and get plenty of cars to work with. I had a great shoot 2 years ago at the Nationals in Knoxville, TN, but all my images are 3.1 mpx from a 5700.

12.2 mpx images with pro grade nikon glass, should get some killer shots. But what to take, hmmmmm...

17-35, 28-70, 200VR and a D2X? maybe so. Or go light with only 2 or 3 small lenses, no 200VR.

yeah, it has just dawned on me what that is, must be a car roof seeing through the back. I'll do that before final editing. :)

I was focused all around the perimeter of the car, forgot to look inside! LOL.

12.2 mpx images with pro grade nikon glass, should get some killer shots. But what to take, hmmmmm...

17-35, 28-70, 200VR and a D2X? maybe so. Or go light with only 2 or 3 small lenses, no 200VR.

My son and I shot The Grand National Roadster Show a couple months back, I used my 17-55 for both inside and outdoor shots with great results. I love being close and shooting wide

Latest threads

Top Bottom