Street shooting in the city

Discussion in 'People' started by virtuamike, Jul 16, 2005.

1. Simon

Simon

Apr 30, 2005
    Sydney, Australia
    Interesting collection - always good to see these real places with real people.

2. Street shooting is one of my fav things to do, Mike. My problem is I like to use the 70-200 and everybody ducks when I raise that monster up. Either that or they move out of the way thinking I'm trying to shoot something else. :lol:

Nice little "slice of life" examples you have there.

Phil

3. faenix

faenix

Jun 21, 2005
    Bayside, NY
    I love your pictures Mike! As always, great work!

4. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Great series Mike. I find street shooting to be very interesting. It may be interesting someday to have the topic of a contest to be...Faces in the Crowd. A few of the members have posted some awesome faces recently and I think if more would set out for similar captures...the outcome would be very cool.

Great shooting as always, Mike!!! 8)

5. Nice shots, Mike! I've been thinking about this type of photography for a little bit now and thinking how much fun it might be. Regarding your shots, for some reason I really like #3. Then your last shot is very interesting as well.

6. Mike, it's nice to see you branching out and experimenting with new subject matter. What an interesting and colorful series you've created here.

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

7. saturnine

saturnine Guest

You have to be kidding me.... They sell custard PIES??? I've only seen them as those small tartlets. Oh my goodness.......

Great photos, by the way :) I love the contrast of light in #4

8. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    I love these. Street photography just doesn't work so good in a small town. You know too many people!!! It's always interesting to me how people in big cities just seem to block out everyone else.

9. Thx everyone! Dave was the one that got me out and showed me around. It was seriously fun shooting different, definately something I'll try again.

10. Nice shootin' Mike!! :D :D

11. The last one has a very good composition, the girl in the front and the man a little farther from her both in relax position with painting near them.

12. Thx Gilles. The best thing was that she had her earphones on so I got to take my time composing. Actually on the majority of the shots I wasn't really rushed, just picked out a spot and set up and waited for the shot to come together.

13. hans

hans

Feb 5, 2005
    The Netherlands
    Mike I like these a lot nice kind of shooting

14. Looks like a fun day I enjoy the woman lounging back with the painting in the background

15. Thx Mike. That was one of my last shots of the day, was leaving Union Square for the Bart station when I saw her so I took the shot.

Thx Hans. It was a really fun experience, trying to go out again this Fri.

Got some more processed here:
    http://www.blindmike.com/images/20050718/