Street snap from an old lens (B&W version)

1220786716_URUSY-X2.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

She is in a zone

NEX5 + Meyer Optik Gorlitz Pimoplan 58/1.9

Andrew, this has a Dreamy quality to it! Never heard of that lens but you could shoot with anything & turn it into a Masterpiece! Love the subject, surroundings & processing! Superb Shot! Im going to Google that lens now...!

Thanks Steve. The company, Hugo Meyer was a German lens company started in the late 1800s. Then after second world war, it was taken over the the Russian in East Germany and was renamed to Meyer Optik Gorlitz. You can find these lens in the US between USD 60 to 300. The build was terrible but the optics are OK. I did it just for fun since I ran across one really cheap. Under the right condition, it also have very dreamy like bokeh.

Thanks Steve. The company, Hugo Meyer was a German lens company started in the late 1800s. Then after second world war, it was taken over the the Russian in East Germany and was renamed to Meyer Optik Gorlitz. You can find these lens in the US between USD 60 to 300. The build was terrible but the optics are OK. I did it just for fun since I ran across one really cheap. Under the right condition, it also have very dreamy like bokeh.

Thanks Andrew! I really like the Draw & Rendition of this lens.:smile:

Setting aside the lens (which has an interesting quality - not unsharp in the way a modern lens might be soft, more probably its fundamentally sharp but with few corrections, but what do I know?) this is a really nice image.

So well composed and presented. Thanks for showing us.

D

Deleted member 960

Love the contrast in motion and purpose, great catch!

Very nice image. It looks like whatever the fellow on the bike is getting is very hot. The photo makes me ask "Is he going to ride off or stop and eat?".

Setting aside the lens (which has an interesting quality - not unsharp in the way a modern lens might be soft, more probably its fundamentally sharp but with few corrections, but what do I know?) this is a really nice image.

So well composed and presented. Thanks for showing us.

Peter H, I really enjoyed this old lens, thank you.

Great glow to this image. Love the woman knitting amidst all the action.

Mr. Puddles, thank you for looking

Love the contrast in motion and purpose, great catch!

chubasco, I was standing there watching her with all the stuff going on around her. Thanks for looking

Very nice image. It looks like whatever the fellow on the bike is getting is very hot. The photo makes me ask "Is he going to ride off or stop and eat?".

ArtO, it was an alley way acting as a local street market. It is crazy. Thanks

great image with a smooth glow, your eye is taken from one edge to the other with interest.

intruder61, thank you, there are lots of things happening there

Very interesting composition! I look at every person and notice what's going on, but the woman knitting in the center is still comfortably the "subject" so it doesn't get confusing.

Latest threads

Top Bottom