Streets

All photos were shot in Fort Worth, Texas.

3rd Street

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Main Street

NW 4th Street

"Main Street" has so many elements that we often photograph on their own. Just a lot going on that shows a bustling neighbourhood. I like it!

Rick,
Fine work as always, but the second shot is, for me, the best of the three, because it tells a story as well as posing questions, which what street photography is all about.
As an aside, I always struggle with photos of graffiti, because first, it represents other people's art, and second, we have so much of it here in Toronto, much of it of truly poor quality that I don't particularly like the art form or its representation in photos.
Robert

Last edited:
Thanks for the comments, Robert. What is strange is that I almost never shoot any scenes containing homeless people. But in this instance, I found the scene very compelling. In all my years, I have just a handful of images of homeless people. I feel that the image needs to contain some sort of story or message to convey the terrible circumstances of their situation. As Nick mentioned above, I too, wondered what the man was thinking sitting in the upscale sidewalk café. This is why I enjoy your work portraying the street people in your area. You, my friend, shoot with what I call a compassionate camera.

Thanks to all who viewed the shots and for leaving comments.

Thanks, Louis and Glenn for the comments.

Glenn, in another life, many years ago, I made a living as an architectural photographer, shooting 4x5 and 8x10 cameras. Street photography was always my personal work and even today, I use a lot of architectural elements in my street shooting.

Thanks for the comments, Robert. What is strange is that I almost never shoot any scenes containing homeless people. But in this instance, I found the scene very compelling. In all my years, I have just a handful of images of homeless people. I feel that the image needs to contain some sort of story or message to convey the terrible circumstances of their situation. As Nick mentioned above, I too, wondered what the man was thinking sitting in the upscale sidewalk café. This is why I enjoy your work portraying the street people in your area. You, my friend, shoot with what I call a compassionate camera.

Thanks to all who viewed the shots and for leaving comments.
Rick,
As always, you are too kind.
Thank you.
Robert

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom