Stress starting to build... I gotta get this off my chest

There was no wind when I went to breakfast at 7 AM. Leaving an hour later, there was a barely there breeze, but it was nervous, coming in tiny fits and starts then disappearing for a few seconds before coming back, barely enough to make tree leaves quake; but a harbinger of ...

I was here for IKE's visit in 2007/8 but it was only cat 2. HARVEY was a rain maker but moderate winds by comparison except for a couple of tornado warnings - no sweat. LAURA is about 12 hours offshore as a cat 3, but forecast to be cat 4 by landfall - enough power there to make chunks of just about anything and hurl them around. This is scaring the bejeepers out of me. The only positive note I can see at this point is being 120 miles west of predicted landfall on the clean (west) side of the storm but still expecting winds in the 60-80 mph range. I have not got on an airplane for the last 18 years due to stress of that process, but waiting for LAURA has upped the stress up by at least an order of magnitude. My 2 cats are behaving abnormally, perhaps they are sensing the approaching storm or picking up on my stressed vibes. Charlie the umbrella cockatoo is her normal neurotic self.

Nick will not be a happy camper for the next 36 hours!!! :(:(:(

If there is power for my laptop on the other side i'll keep all advised on how I have made out.

Real Name
Alex
I saw early today it has intensified and heading your way (I keep an eye on all of them every season due to my location).

I lived in Houston at the time of Hurricane Alicia. Smaller than this one though. Also survived Andrew in Miami in '92.

Stay safe.

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom