Strobist - No flash photography

Discussion in 'General flash photography, lighting, and technique' started by Uncle Frank, Aug 7, 2007.

1. I visited San Francisco over the weekend, and took some street shots and candids. It sure felt strange, not using a flash :rolleyes:. But I managed to get a few keepers anyway.

View attachment 110144

View attachment 110145

Great new stuff on the Strobist blog. Dave has really kicked it into high gear since he's gone full time. I can't wait to use my new shoot through Photoflex!

2. Nice shots. I know how you feel about the no flash thing... I usually use mine on camera, but even then, after using it for a while, it's hard to take the camera out and not put it on!

3. Cope

Cope

Apr 5, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    Frank

Strobist is a misnomer without a strobe.:wink: Still, there are obviously great shots to be made with natural lighting. These were great.

4. jhpate

jhpate

Jul 14, 2007
    texarkana, texas
    nice shots! What lens and iso combo?

5. They were all taken with the Nikon 180mm f/2.8 prime. ISO was 360 for the first shot and 400 for the others. It felt really strange to use a wide aperture and high iso instead of a flash, but I don't think a strobe would work too well for street photography - lol.

6. jcovert

jcovert Guest

THAT is an amaaaazing shot. So much life in that picture.