Stroboframe 200 Nikon Sb800 Question Please

Discussion in 'General flash photography, lighting, and technique' started by Bryan Pritchard, Jul 20, 2008.

1. I got to see one of these in action yesterday at a Pageant and loved it especially the flip part of it when he would shoot from Horizontal to Vertical.
    My question is I will use this with my D200 with MD200 which they make. The Sb800 fits in the hot shoe attachment but how do I connect the Flash to the Camera with what cable?
    Thanks

Bryan

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/images/items/52784.jpg

2. Thymen

Thymen

Jun 18, 2007
    The Netherlands
    I've got one, and I don't like ik. Too sharp edges everywhere, and mediocre crafstmanship. PITA when "assembling" the camera on the thing (cannot call it "mounting", is too awkward.)

I would have bought the Camera Bracket Junior, however at the time they did not sell these in the Netherlands, and I needed a solution fast.

Mind you, you also need a cord. All together it'll be quite expensive. IMO, don't get this one without having had a look ath the CB Junior....

Edit: what you CAN do, if the D200 supports Commander Mode, and your flash is an SB800, is to use the Commander positions for camera and flash. That way you need no cord, just set the built-in flash to 1/128 (or just enough to fire the flash). Mind the pop-up flash, it can dget damaged easily like this.

The reason you want one is for Portrait mode: in this position the bent tab at the bottom will press in the palm of your hand. Very awkward.

In short: stay away from this piece of rubbish...

Thymen

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2008
  3. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    I have one too...don't use it. Hate it.

4. Thanks I will stay away after reading all of this :)
    Thanks
    BRyan

Anything else you can suggest?