Stroboframe Camera Flip

Discussion in 'General flash photography, lighting, and technique' started by Cope, Jul 14, 2007.

1. Cope

Cope

Apr 5, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    A good friend of mine has been using a Stroboframe Camera Flip model for some time with good results. He finds it quicker to flip just the camera than to have to flip the flash and the camera.

He sent me the link to an eBay auction for these at a great price. They are $58.99 w/free shipping from NY. The auction number is 300117623089. The dealer also has other Stroboframe models.

The drawback to this model is that there isn't clearance for a camera w/grip, but we have figured out a relatively cheap workaround to that issue.

2. Cope

Cope

Apr 5, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    I ordered my Camera Flip at 4:44 CST Friday from a NY eBay dealer, and USPS dropped it off this morning in Houston. I would love to give you a hands on report, but I shipped my D200/SB800 to Nikon to have a phantom flash problem corrected.

3. I hope they find the problem and turn it around quickly! Make sure to give us a report.

4. PPNhay

PPNhay

Jul 15, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Stroboframe

I have the same bracket (310-900), flash and camera as yours. Although this bracket adds weight to the gears that my wife can not hold any more, but the results
    in the photos pays for the masses.

Nonethless, this bracket has a flaw. During my first try-out in a party, the flash was flipped due to its weight when I moved my hand to the lens. The plastic lock could not hold the torque....For the solution. I drilled a hole from the swinging plate through the base plate that holds the camera then use a 1/4" cotted pin ($3 @ ACE Hardware) to lock the un-intended movement.

5. Cope

Cope

Apr 5, 2007
    Houston, Texas

Thanks, I suspect they already know, but I believe it is the slpo between the hot shoe and the camera. Attachec to the SC-17, there is no slop at either end.

6. Cope

Cope

Apr 5, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    Did you try tighening the swivel bolts? Looks like we are "neighbors" in the COH, maybe we can get together for a shoot out one day.

7. PPNhay

PPNhay

Jul 15, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Hi neigbor,

Yes; however, the nuts have plastic core/threats that will get loose after few flips, and if they are over tightened you can not flip the flash. huh!

8. Cope

Cope

Apr 5, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    I'll let you know how mine does. My friend has been using his with a KM 7D and Promaster flash, and has not complained yet.

We are looking into making an oversized frame so that we can use our caameras with the grip attached.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.