stroll through Borough Market (lots of pictures)

Discussion in 'Photojournalism, Candids and Street Photography' started by swmlon, Jul 26, 2008.

1. one of my favourate places in london, but only till 10:30 on a saturday morning. after that it becomes a free-for-all and much harder to avoid people walking right in front of you as you take a shot. thank goodness for the wonders of digital and instant playback and delete.

all shots taken with D3 + 85/1.4 (my new fav. walk around lens) C + C appreciated.

The people of Borough Market

DSC_3102-vi.jpg

DSC_3103-vi.jpg

DSC_3121-vi.jpg

DSC_3136-vi.jpg

DSC_3144-vi.jpg

And the real reason for coming to the market

DSC_3107-vi.jpg

DSC_3110-vi.jpg

DSC_3111-vi.jpg

DSC_3114-vi.jpg

DSC_3128-vi.jpg

CHOCOLATE!!!

11. King of the Hill
    DSC_3120-vi.jpg

12. Chocolate and alcohol, whats not to like?
    DSC_3130-vi.jpg

13. A table of chocolate
    DSC_3135-vi.jpg

a few more can be found at http://public.fotki.com/swmlon/borough-market-26-0/

shing

2. Love the lobster and produce pics. Real nice series.

3. Nice series .. love the people photos best ........

Regards,

4. Sanford504

Sanford504

Mar 27, 2008
    Yeadon, PA
    Very nice shots. Your market looks very much like ours here in the states.

5. Nice captures

Live the far away look in the eyes of the young man listening to his MP3...

For what it is worth as much as I like the 85/1.4 on the D3 - I seem to much prefer a 50/1.4 as a walk around lens. The 85 is great but however if a subject is close - the 85 does not let me capture the images I prefer, even the 35 is amazing, the 35/1.4 AI-S is amazing at f/2

6. shing
    a very nice series
    looks like a very cool market

thanks for sharing these with us

7. rotxlk82

rotxlk82

Jul 20, 2007
    UK
    Excellent work, the people shots are very good and the food shots make me really hungry. The chocolate in particular looks very nice.

8. Early to market and you have captured it. Numbers 1, 5, 8 and 12 are my favorites. I have been considering a purchase of the 85/1.4 along with the 50/1.8 or 50/1.4. If I have got it correct, on my D300, 50mm would provide a similar FOV to the 85/1.4 on your D3 as a walk around lens.

9. Thanks for the comments, the 85 is my fav. lens, though i am sure if i owned the 35 f1.4 i would be using that more, especially at the market. there were some shots i couldn't capture as i needed something wider. especially later in the day when the place was busy and etiquette was thrown out of the window.

on a side note, i ate or sampled a lot of the food i took pics off, they taste better than they look on camera for sure.

10. Then they must have tasted very good indeed. The 18-200 a natural walk around lens has had better IQ than I expected but only when stopped down to at least f/7.1 i.e. slow. The fast primes such as the 35/1.4, 50/1.4 and 85/1.4 are tempting particularly with postings like yours and the myriad others with their outstanding IQ and speed. Heck, I just decided while writing this reply to purchase fast primes first, have fun with them and look at the pro zooms later. Thanks for helping me make up my mind.