1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Strong Meteor Shower Expected Tonight

Discussion in 'Special Sessions, Events, and Tour Announcements' started by Jaws, Aug 11, 2009.

1. Jaws

Jaws

Mar 27, 2007
    Columbia, MD
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2009
  2. FisherPete

FisherPete

Nov 13, 2007
    Oregon
    I'm looking forward to the Perseids tonight and tomorrow night. They should be the best they've been in years. I'm hoping folks will take and post some great shots since that will be my only chance to see them from here in Portland, Oregon. That is, unless my new cloud-cutter lens arrives this afternoon. ;) 

3. Jaytron

Jaytron

Mar 22, 2009
    San Jose, CA
    Cool stuff, I may try and check it out.

4. I hope you're able to get some good shots. We've got cloud cover and t-storms moving in later :frown:

5. pirahnah3

pirahnah3

Feb 22, 2008
    wuss-tah
    yep T storms and clouds screwed up my viewing and photography of it, thou on the plus side it did allow me another couple hours of sleep....

6. Weston

Weston

Dec 29, 2008
    Springfield, OR
    I was up last night but didn't get any photographed. I did see alot though. Maybe tonight...

7. Jaws

Jaws

Mar 27, 2007
    Columbia, MD
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2009
  8. Wifey, Dog, and Myself went out to a quite parking lot to view. Within the first 10 minutes the police were there to say hello. Say a few really good ones, but didn't get any shots.

9. Stef

Stef

Nov 1, 2005
    Peoria, AZ
    Here in the Phoenix area, we haven't had rain or anything for what seems like months....

Last night just HAD to be the exception! Thunder, lightning and rain. Go figure! The one night I wanted to see something in the sky! :rolleyes: 

10. pbcstylez

pbcstylez

Mar 21, 2009
    BayArea, CA
    i tried to watch on the 11th but there was just too much fog here, perhaps ill try again tonight

11. Joves

Joves

Feb 10, 2009
    Nowhereland
    Also you might try going to http://spaceweather.com/ but, according to them they are now waning. We have had cloud cover in N.Az which figures.

12. McQ

McQ Just your average, everyday moderator. Moderator

Another total bust for me and the Perseids. :mad: 

I haven't seen a "shower" during the Perseids in over 30 years! I gotta move somewhere with no cloud cover!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.