Student show Friday...need help selecting 3 for submission

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum!

I have 19 images here and I need to select only 3 for entry into the student show at our community college. I would appreciate it if you all could help me narrow down the field!

So I need to turn in 3 photos by noon on Friday for the Student Show. These are pictures that we have taken whenever. Color, black & white, whatever. They have to be printed and mounted. If I get one accepted, then I can drop my lowest grade. And if I win a category, that would be nice!

So, can you all help me pick out which 3 to submit? Thanks! Just select the number.

1)
Click for full size

2)
Click for full size

3)
Click for full size

4)
Click for full size

5)
Click for full size

6)
Click for full size

7)
Click for full size

8)
Click for full size

9)
Click for full size

10)
Click for full size

11)
Click for full size

12)
Click for full size

13)
Click for full size

14)
Click for full size

15)
Click for full size

16)
Click for full size

17)
Click for full size

18)
Click for full size

19)
Click for full size

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll vote for numbers 5, 6, and 8, but only if you can fix the tilt it and clone out the lady at the center and the unattached fragments of branches at the top of the frame. If that's not permissable, I'll substitute #11.

fks

hi john

#7 love the shadow
#9 very tranquil, but i'd crop a little more off the right side (dead space)
#13 i like the repeating elements and colors, but again i'd crop a bit off the top (horizon's too centered)

ricky

I like #1, #5 and #6 although 6 is a little "blown out" on my monitor. Some small "tweaks" should correct this and be a lovely image.

Nick

John
yeah I know, I have been taking alot recently myself. Try some curves or even hue/sat. Would be stunning without the blow-out around trees (sky)

Nick

I vote for #6, #10 & #13. You tend to plant your subject right in the center of the frame, which kind of dulls its impact, so that knocked a lot of them out. If you can crop some, like #9 so that the subject is a bit to one side, or towards a corner, then you might have more keepers.

So Nick, are you saying only the area that's blown out above the tree?

Yes John, the sky is kinda "clipping" on that channel.
I would (would have) tried the "recovery" slider in LR (if you use LR).
You can try "sponge" to de-sat maybe.

Would check into more mate but leaving for Airport in 30min to fly "home" to UK to visit mum.

Nick

p.s. Good Luck with comp. mate.

Latest threads

Top Bottom