1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Studio Shoot of a Young Girl

Discussion in 'People' started by shortman, Apr 2, 2007.

1. shortman

shortman

Feb 26, 2006
    Singapore
    Hi,

She is a very nice 18 year old model and willing to give me a chance to practice studio light.

ISO100, 105mm, f11 and 1/80 with 2 x 800w lights both set at the lowest light output.

_DSC3195-1-2.gif
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 88126

View attachment 88127

Edit: Added one more image.
    Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2007
  2. The first one is quite nice. Welcome to the Cafe.

3. Both quite nice. I would like to see a bit more light on her hair though as it kind of fades into the bg.

4. shortman

shortman

Feb 26, 2006
    Singapore
    Thanks.

Yes you are right I should have place a hair light on top.

Best Regards

5. tomj

tomj

Feb 5, 2006
    Oklahoma
    I really like the first shot.

Regards,

6. The lighting in the first shot really makes it stand out, I really like it. I'm trying to learn lighting technique so do you mind if I ask why you used such a low shutter speed? Why not bump up the power on the lights and use a faster shutter speed?

7. shortman

shortman

Feb 26, 2006
    Singapore
    Thanks. :) 

It should be my preference and I still learning to get the right light for my liking and I like the light falls off from the rear.

If you look at the sunglass on her hair that is what I am trying to get the umbrella reflection on the sunglasss.

Best Regards

8. jfrancis

jfrancis

May 8, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    Nice shots - especially the first one. She is a pretty girl and I would like to see more eye contact with the camera. The lighting on the first one is very nice.

9. I echo everyone else - the first one is great, neat touch with the reflection.

10. shortman

shortman

Feb 26, 2006
    Singapore
    Thanks, let me go dig up if I have any keeper photo to show here. :biggrin:

Thanks

Best Regards

11. shortman

shortman

Feb 26, 2006
    Singapore
    Hi all,

I added one more image with eye contact. :) 

Best Regards

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.